Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Day by Day

One of the side effects of being pregnant is that my milk production is at an all time low. Rather than wait until the last minute to transfer Emma over to formula completely we have switched most of her feeds over to the special formula she had been getting twice a day, and she now only gets my milk twice a day.

It's going to take a few days to see if she tolerates it well, so in the meantime I'm freezing whatever surplus milk I do produce. I didn't have any containers so today Emma and I popped out to Babies R'Us for some storage bags. No big deal, except I can't remember the last time I even wanted to do errands with Emma! Apparently the new car makes even the most mundane trips appealing!

Emma had fun, she loves sitting in shopping carts for some reason!

On another note, our sleep routine seems to have changed. The "experts" say that between 12-18 months children move from two naps to one a day. No matter how much sleep Emma gets at night I can get her to take no more than one nap, so I guess we've made that transition!!

I need the extra sleep more than ever since I have to get up 3/4 times a night to use the bathroom! So, if I don't answer the phone in the early afternoon, well just don't call in the early afternoon!!

Scott's working extended hours for the next few months so it's good I'm moving into the 2nd trimester, the one with all the energy!

No comments: