Thursday, March 12, 2009

Martha Stewart I'm not!

In an effort to be more frugal, useful and healthy I am trying to cook more at home. Of course a lot of the process is trial and error, especially as I only have snatched minutes while Emma doesn't notice I'm gone!!

I've been watching the Food Network (not advised for a pregnant woman that loves food!) and felt emboldened to try a roast chicken, which my friend assured me is actually easy.

As you can see, my first attempt looks (and smells) delicious...
However, some of you may notice I cooked the bird upside down!!! Oh well, I have another in the freezer that I'll get right!

Emma's been very clingy the past few days and won't let me do anything without her. it's quite draining, but I did catch this moment where she got up by herself with the walker!!

1 comment:

jkerk said...

Actually, I heard once that cooking a turkey upside down makes the juices flow to the breast making it juicier and tastier. Maybe it also works with a chicken!
Judy