Monday, March 30, 2009

Weekend Update

After working Saturday morning Scott was able to spend the rest of the weekend with Emma and I which was great. I even got a little nap on Saturday afternoon!!

On Sunday the weather cleared up in the afternoon for a few hours so we headed over to the park again. This time Emma tried a few more of the fun things to do. I was really surprised that she was so brave, but it was great.

Swings (again)

See-Saw


Roundabout



Slide




After dinner I put Emma into her pajamas, which she knows mean bedtime is coming, and she got pretty upset. I brought her downstairs as planned and sat with her in the rocker, to try and wind her down. She was fast asleep by 7.30pm and as you can see here didn't even notice when I put her down for a minute...

I put her to bed once I was sure she was out cold and she did not even rouse by the time we went to bed! I heard her cry once or twice in the night, but not for long and she woke up just before 6am. Not a bad nights sleep really, and she's in a good mood today!

Beverly was her nurse last night and I don't think Emma likes her. She is always crying in the morning whereas when Dorothy has her she is always sleeping when she leaves, and seems to sleep better. I'm not hugely fond of Beverly, although I'm sure she's very nice really, I just feel like she's very critical.

For example, I believe babies need to learn how to soothe themselves to sleep and can be left to cry it out, however how can you do that if during the night the child has a nurse who intervenes at any movement or noise (as they should to keep the CPAP in place and keep her sleeping). I don't quite know how to explain to Emma that during the day she has to do it herself, but not at night, and apparently she's confused too!

I appreciate her constructive advice, but I don't think she has thought through how her very presence makes my day job harder!!

Anyway, it's a good start to the week, and an answer to prayer. It's encouraging.

My personal goal this week is to stop pumping completely. I'm down to once a day, but I've had a headache since I cut out the second pump and some aches, so it makes me nervous about mastitis!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a GREAT weekend!! I love to watch the video clips - they're adorable. Im so glad Emma got some sleep and you did also!

Have a great week - the four of you are in my prayers!

Love,
Jen / Waynesboro, PA