I can't believe it's Wednesday already, and April no less! Of course, I can only see the positive in getting closer to the summer. No April Fool pranks that I know of, and Scott was lucky to escape me tampering with his alarm clock - I felt sorry for him!!
It's been a good week so far, let me bring you up to speed if I can remember it all.
Sunday night Emma slept well, but was up early as usual. She had fun in the morning with Grandma Ellen while I hit the road for grocery shopping - it's just so much quicker by myself!
tired out from all the playing I put her down for a nap, and she slept for about 45 minutes as usual and woke up. I was not ready though and throwing caution to the wind quickly snapped her up and brought her into my bed where we slept for a good couple of hours. Unfortunately we slept until about 4pm, so when bedtime rolled around (8pm) she was not tired at all!!
When she started to fuss just after 9pm Scott took her up to bed and after a brief cry I heard nothing else. What was his secret? he decided to read to her from her baby Bible and she went to sleep. (you may see the connection here to my recent prayer asking God for help with Emma sleeping. Quite an obvious link!!)
On Tuesday morning Emma was up around 6am again and I again brought her in with me. And when we did get up, after she'd had 12 hours sleep you can totally tell! Always cute, she's so happy and content after lots of sleep.
We had a visit from nurse manager at Bayada, who assesses Emma every two months, I guess to make sure the nurses are taking care of her! She reported Emma had grown an inch to 29 ", her head (and brain) grew, and although not as much as you'd hope she has gained at least 1lb. Emma got to play with another stethascope which she enjoyed!
After lunch I decided to keep trying the nap thing and laid her down. She cried for a bit but was asleep by the time I finished the story! I was amazed and quickly hopped into bed for a nap myself. Unfortunately I could hear labored breathing on the monitor and woke her up trying to put the CPAP on!
Not to worry, we got up and headed outside in the nice weather. I wasn't in the mood to trek to the park so the front yard was enough! Here is Emma tackling the bumpy terrain in our yard...
and on the sidewalk
It's been a good week so far, let me bring you up to speed if I can remember it all.
Sunday night Emma slept well, but was up early as usual. She had fun in the morning with Grandma Ellen while I hit the road for grocery shopping - it's just so much quicker by myself!
tired out from all the playing I put her down for a nap, and she slept for about 45 minutes as usual and woke up. I was not ready though and throwing caution to the wind quickly snapped her up and brought her into my bed where we slept for a good couple of hours. Unfortunately we slept until about 4pm, so when bedtime rolled around (8pm) she was not tired at all!!
When she started to fuss just after 9pm Scott took her up to bed and after a brief cry I heard nothing else. What was his secret? he decided to read to her from her baby Bible and she went to sleep. (you may see the connection here to my recent prayer asking God for help with Emma sleeping. Quite an obvious link!!)
On Tuesday morning Emma was up around 6am again and I again brought her in with me. And when we did get up, after she'd had 12 hours sleep you can totally tell! Always cute, she's so happy and content after lots of sleep.
We had a visit from nurse manager at Bayada, who assesses Emma every two months, I guess to make sure the nurses are taking care of her! She reported Emma had grown an inch to 29 ", her head (and brain) grew, and although not as much as you'd hope she has gained at least 1lb. Emma got to play with another stethascope which she enjoyed!
After lunch I decided to keep trying the nap thing and laid her down. She cried for a bit but was asleep by the time I finished the story! I was amazed and quickly hopped into bed for a nap myself. Unfortunately I could hear labored breathing on the monitor and woke her up trying to put the CPAP on!
Not to worry, we got up and headed outside in the nice weather. I wasn't in the mood to trek to the park so the front yard was enough! Here is Emma tackling the bumpy terrain in our yard...
and on the sidewalk
What I didn't catch on video was when I was waving to my neighbor Emma went head over heels over the walker and landed on her back with it on her head. She was fine and it was on the grass, but gave me quite a scare. Really, you have to watch them EVERY second?!
The good thing was that by 6.45pm she was exhausted ('cream-crackered' if you're familiar with cockney rhyming slang!!) and I put her to bed. I was able to clean up and start dinner unhindered before Scott came home. Sweet!!
Emma slept through the night and her nurse was able to get her back to sleep enough times so she didn't get up until 6.30am this morning!
I decided to brave the grotty weather to go and get my new drivers license (after fixing my hair best I could, and carefully selecting a shirt!!) Really, it's cruel to have to get a picture that lasts for 4 years!! I didn't smile, which I thought was important, but I guess I watched too many American movies!!
Naptime today was much the same as Monday, mainly because I was so tired!! I'm sleeping well at night still, but wake up with a headache. Can't have everything I suppose!
The good thing was that by 6.45pm she was exhausted ('cream-crackered' if you're familiar with cockney rhyming slang!!) and I put her to bed. I was able to clean up and start dinner unhindered before Scott came home. Sweet!!
Emma slept through the night and her nurse was able to get her back to sleep enough times so she didn't get up until 6.30am this morning!
I decided to brave the grotty weather to go and get my new drivers license (after fixing my hair best I could, and carefully selecting a shirt!!) Really, it's cruel to have to get a picture that lasts for 4 years!! I didn't smile, which I thought was important, but I guess I watched too many American movies!!
Naptime today was much the same as Monday, mainly because I was so tired!! I'm sleeping well at night still, but wake up with a headache. Can't have everything I suppose!
No comments:
Post a Comment