Emma woke up very early and very loud this morning! She had a stand-in nurse last night, the one we had at the start but Emma hasn't seen her for a long time so I think she was a bit scared.
I was tired, of course, so went and brought her into my room, where she eventually fell asleep. It took me a while but I did too - she does not breath rhythmically, she pauses every now and then which makes me pay attention!
We got up at 8am and were looking out of the window waiting for her therapist to arrive when I saw Scott getting out of his car! I wasn't too surprised, it was raining a lot and they are working outside so they get sent home if it's too bad. I was however very excited and cried out "Daddy's home!" I think I surprised myself at just how pleased I was!! It wasn't even a bad day, we just don't get to see much of each other in the daytime.
After therapy we went out for breakfast (UK people - it's the culture here, and often times it's cheaper than getting the things in for a big breakfast!). After that we visited with Mrs Thompson, one of Emma's favorite people. Scott went to his side job, which is actually a friends parents house and our friends just happen to be home for spring break, so I followed along!
I fed Emma while we were out and was sure she'd fall asleep on the way home, which she did. I put her straight to bed and wonders will never cease, she's been sleeping for over an hour!
(I should mention that Scott handled naptime yesterday and I think he may have had more success in keeping her in bed! I can't be the bad guy for everything!!)
Long story, great ending!!! And I finally got to clean the neglected dining room before we have the family over for Easter. What a good day, and it's not even 3pm yet!
I was tired, of course, so went and brought her into my room, where she eventually fell asleep. It took me a while but I did too - she does not breath rhythmically, she pauses every now and then which makes me pay attention!
We got up at 8am and were looking out of the window waiting for her therapist to arrive when I saw Scott getting out of his car! I wasn't too surprised, it was raining a lot and they are working outside so they get sent home if it's too bad. I was however very excited and cried out "Daddy's home!" I think I surprised myself at just how pleased I was!! It wasn't even a bad day, we just don't get to see much of each other in the daytime.
After therapy we went out for breakfast (UK people - it's the culture here, and often times it's cheaper than getting the things in for a big breakfast!). After that we visited with Mrs Thompson, one of Emma's favorite people. Scott went to his side job, which is actually a friends parents house and our friends just happen to be home for spring break, so I followed along!
I fed Emma while we were out and was sure she'd fall asleep on the way home, which she did. I put her straight to bed and wonders will never cease, she's been sleeping for over an hour!
(I should mention that Scott handled naptime yesterday and I think he may have had more success in keeping her in bed! I can't be the bad guy for everything!!)
Long story, great ending!!! And I finally got to clean the neglected dining room before we have the family over for Easter. What a good day, and it's not even 3pm yet!
No comments:
Post a Comment