This morning Emma was up by 5.30am, so of course she got very grouchy after breakfast. Since Grandma was coming over at 9am I caved in and let her take a little power nap on me for a few minutes. Yes, I am weak and easily manipulated.
Trying to redeem myself I put Emma down for her nap at noon. She fell asleep pretty quick, but I don't think she slept for more than 15 minutes at one time all afternoon. I thought that after doing this for a couple of days she'd cry a few times and eventually fall in to a deep sleep for at least an hour.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong (my loud inner-critic is sure of that!), but she seems to be sleeping less and less each day! I'm not giving up - it's been great to have a couple of hours each day to myself, even with the nightmare soundtrack!
I just don't understand when I am supposed to let her get up! I always planned that when she woke up refreshed and not crying i would know she'd had enough sleep, like in the morning. That hasn't happened, so I've been going by her feed times, which are still every 4 hours. Though today, in between crying out she was babling a bit, so I let her get up at 3pm!
I'm thinking Scott was right about his stubborn child!!
Trying to redeem myself I put Emma down for her nap at noon. She fell asleep pretty quick, but I don't think she slept for more than 15 minutes at one time all afternoon. I thought that after doing this for a couple of days she'd cry a few times and eventually fall in to a deep sleep for at least an hour.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong (my loud inner-critic is sure of that!), but she seems to be sleeping less and less each day! I'm not giving up - it's been great to have a couple of hours each day to myself, even with the nightmare soundtrack!
I just don't understand when I am supposed to let her get up! I always planned that when she woke up refreshed and not crying i would know she'd had enough sleep, like in the morning. That hasn't happened, so I've been going by her feed times, which are still every 4 hours. Though today, in between crying out she was babling a bit, so I let her get up at 3pm!
I'm thinking Scott was right about his stubborn child!!
No comments:
Post a Comment