Thursday, April 23, 2009

Pregnancy blues

My second pregnancy is going really well. I'm 18.5 weeks along (4 months!) and we are well into the second trimester. My health is good, no real aches or pains and I'm a little tired, but nothing excessive.

Last week I really started to feel the baby move. It's not constant yet, still too small, but the occasional flutter reminds me why my belly is getting bigger!

And that brings me to my blues!! Since I stopped breastfeeding I've gained about 10lbs! That's over 15lbs total, about 50% more than I should have. I'm still smaller than I was at this stage with Emma, but none of my regular pants are fitting anymore. I think I'd convinced myself that I could avoid maternity pants if I just kept the weight gain to a minimum. But as big as my belly has become, it's not the only area to have grown!

Today I went through all my clothes, current and old maternity. I put the regular stuff in storage and put the maternity tops in the drawers. The trouble is that the maternity pants I kept are a little big, and like I said my regular pants are not fitting.

This weekend will be in the 80's but there are still a couple of months of chilly spring to go. I hate to spend money on short-term maternity pants, but I fear my sweatpants may fall apart if they don't get to rest! (Not to mention poor Scott having to see the 'casual' me all the time!!) I have ordered some things online since there is not much selection in local stores. We'll see if I get anything decent!

Unfortunately there is no way to diet and I really suck at eating healthy by myself!! I guess there is no point in worrying too much. I can't diet now, I'll just keep trying to do better. (If you have some constructive 'advice' - please don't worry! It's nothing I haven't told myself, and already ignored!!)

Oh, and I got heartburn today. Great!

It will all be worth it in the end!!

1 comment:

Christina Vare said...

I don't know any woman who avoids maternity pants. Don't worry!

In about a month, I'll come help you eat healthy and you can ignore all my suggestions. ;-D