you read! That's the saying,right? I have found it to be true fairly often, although there is always a possibility that it is my interpretation that is wrong!
Today I was following the advice "they" give, to switch the end of the bed that your baby sleeps at so they will turn a different way. I haven't really done it very often and I don't know why I felt the need to today (though Scott says I always move something when he goes out, like the sofas on Saturday!!)
It's no simple task because not only is one end of her mattress elevated by a pillow to help her reflux, but she has an IV pole at the foot of the bed and all the other machines at the head. So, flipping her around actually involves lots of cables and so on.
(I don't know if I mentioned before that when I was a kid I used to move my bedroom furniture around at least twice a month! I think it was inherited from my Mum who does the same in her living room, and I think my Grandma used to too!)
So I did it, and I love the feeling of a new room (though I acknowledge this is not always desirable for kids!).
Emma played in the room while I moved, and then I gave her a nice long bath. I put her to bed and left the room. I came back a minute later to find her laying in the same position as normal, only now she was on an upside down angle facing the foot of the bed!!
I turned her, but I don't think she liked it. Needless to say she kept turning back around, getting tangled up in the process. So I gave in and shifted everything with her right there in the bed. When I was done she lay there wide awake, but very relaxed and if she was older I'm sure I would have gotten a sarcastic "thank you!"
I do realize that the initial advice I was trying to follow refers to young babies who do not have many wires attached!! Oh well.
Today I was following the advice "they" give, to switch the end of the bed that your baby sleeps at so they will turn a different way. I haven't really done it very often and I don't know why I felt the need to today (though Scott says I always move something when he goes out, like the sofas on Saturday!!)
It's no simple task because not only is one end of her mattress elevated by a pillow to help her reflux, but she has an IV pole at the foot of the bed and all the other machines at the head. So, flipping her around actually involves lots of cables and so on.
(I don't know if I mentioned before that when I was a kid I used to move my bedroom furniture around at least twice a month! I think it was inherited from my Mum who does the same in her living room, and I think my Grandma used to too!)
So I did it, and I love the feeling of a new room (though I acknowledge this is not always desirable for kids!).
Emma played in the room while I moved, and then I gave her a nice long bath. I put her to bed and left the room. I came back a minute later to find her laying in the same position as normal, only now she was on an upside down angle facing the foot of the bed!!
I turned her, but I don't think she liked it. Needless to say she kept turning back around, getting tangled up in the process. So I gave in and shifted everything with her right there in the bed. When I was done she lay there wide awake, but very relaxed and if she was older I'm sure I would have gotten a sarcastic "thank you!"
I do realize that the initial advice I was trying to follow refers to young babies who do not have many wires attached!! Oh well.
2 comments:
LOL - that's funny - I was trying to picture it as I was reading. I, too, love a freshly changed around room!
Have a wonderful weekend,
Jen
that's funny because i have to have my stuff facing a certain way and moving it would totally mess me up too ;)
Post a Comment