... with my chores that is! Here's my checklist:
x laundry done (except Scott's work clothes- will do those after he finishes today!)
x kitchen clean and tidy
x Emma's formula is measured out for the next 24 hrs, the maximum time!
x bathroom clean (I know, I went all out this time!)
x beds made with clean linens (I just love getting into a clean bed. It's like putting on new socks!)
x all projects for church finished and ready (I am on the Audio-Visual team and make powerpoints for different things.)
I even had time to stop at Old Navy and see if they had more than the same 5 maternity items! Apparently not, but I got a cute shirt on sale from the regular section. It's wonderful that the style is so loose right now.
Emma was up at 6am this morning despite not going to bed until after 9pm. She also had a rough night, I heard her crying quite often. We're trying to encourage the nurses to leave her alone unless they are sure she needs something, otherwise she'll never be able to settle herself.
Anyway, I left her in bed until 8am so she would get some extra sleep. She cried for quite a while but eventually drifted off. I was however not able to sleep, so I got my Nintendo out - if nothing else it distracts me when I need it.
I had somewhat of an epiphany (revelation!) yesterday. It seemed a bit strange for Scott to get laid off in May, when the summer is usually the busiest time. However, we didn't worry about it, he's been doing lots of overtime and have treated it as extra family time. What struck me yesterday is that our church began a huge renovation project last weekend, one that will be mainly volunteer labor. Isn't it incredible timing that Scott should be available to put in extra hours at this time?!
You're right, Scott didn't ask to be laid off and his boss knew nothing of this project, so one could rightly conclude that God had been preparing us financially, while also had the timing set out perfectly! I love seeing those jigsaw pieces coming together.
If you know the story of Queen Esther from the Old Testament, you can see a parallel. (She became a queen at just the time when her people, the Jews, were under threat of execution. Her position alone allowed her to influence the king and save them all.)
For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father's family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?" Esther 4:14
That is how we are able to trust God in the tough times, because we know He has a purpose in even the most bizarre and trying of circumstances. Just as we have seen in the impact of Emma's life and journey, incredible purpose. How exciting to be part of His plan!!!
x laundry done (except Scott's work clothes- will do those after he finishes today!)
x kitchen clean and tidy
x Emma's formula is measured out for the next 24 hrs, the maximum time!
x bathroom clean (I know, I went all out this time!)
x beds made with clean linens (I just love getting into a clean bed. It's like putting on new socks!)
x all projects for church finished and ready (I am on the Audio-Visual team and make powerpoints for different things.)
I even had time to stop at Old Navy and see if they had more than the same 5 maternity items! Apparently not, but I got a cute shirt on sale from the regular section. It's wonderful that the style is so loose right now.
Emma was up at 6am this morning despite not going to bed until after 9pm. She also had a rough night, I heard her crying quite often. We're trying to encourage the nurses to leave her alone unless they are sure she needs something, otherwise she'll never be able to settle herself.
Anyway, I left her in bed until 8am so she would get some extra sleep. She cried for quite a while but eventually drifted off. I was however not able to sleep, so I got my Nintendo out - if nothing else it distracts me when I need it.
I had somewhat of an epiphany (revelation!) yesterday. It seemed a bit strange for Scott to get laid off in May, when the summer is usually the busiest time. However, we didn't worry about it, he's been doing lots of overtime and have treated it as extra family time. What struck me yesterday is that our church began a huge renovation project last weekend, one that will be mainly volunteer labor. Isn't it incredible timing that Scott should be available to put in extra hours at this time?!
You're right, Scott didn't ask to be laid off and his boss knew nothing of this project, so one could rightly conclude that God had been preparing us financially, while also had the timing set out perfectly! I love seeing those jigsaw pieces coming together.
If you know the story of Queen Esther from the Old Testament, you can see a parallel. (She became a queen at just the time when her people, the Jews, were under threat of execution. Her position alone allowed her to influence the king and save them all.)
For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father's family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?" Esther 4:14
That is how we are able to trust God in the tough times, because we know He has a purpose in even the most bizarre and trying of circumstances. Just as we have seen in the impact of Emma's life and journey, incredible purpose. How exciting to be part of His plan!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment