A week of highs would not be complete without a low or two! Life's all about balance, right?!
This week being pregnant really began interfering with my sleep. For a while now it has been painful turning over due to pelvis strain, but heartburn was added to the equation this week. I don't get it very often during the day but I am finding it flaring up during the night. So the 2-3 bathroom trips take me longer to sleep after.
No big deal? My sleep affects me more than I ever realized. Not only does it make my moods darker but also how I think about things.
No doubt the huge steps Emma has made this week brought me insurmountable joy. I was just less able to fight off the worries and fears that the rest of life stirs up.
When I gave up work in 2007 I never anticipated Scott would be laid off, much less for 8 weeks! We have been incredibly blessed that he has had side work to more than cover the lost income, not to mention the extra time we've had together and the time he has been able to work on the church renovations. Yet when I am tired my thoughts turn to the future and uncertainties we all face. I forget the provision that God has already shown us.
Then there's the new baby. Finances aside, I found myself freaking out about how I will be able to handle two children. I'm not so worried about daily routines, as much as how getting little sleep will affect my ability to cope! Plus, how do you run errands with two children? I know it is done by mother's the world over, so there is hope for me!
You see, when you don't get enough sleep, the silliest of things seem like giant problems! I broke down in tears a couple of times Thursday and at 11.30pm as we lay in bed Scott listened to all the thoughts that were getting in my head and then said"Can I make an observation? You only seem to get upset about stuff when you are tired. How can we get you some extra sleep?" He's the best!!
Unfortunately we didn't have a nurse that night so I got even less sleep than normal!! It's just not that easy to get more sleep when everything else requires the same attention!
So, how to snap out of it?
It so happens that I am currently posting the daily devotions on our youth groups blog (http://c4youth09.blogspot.com/) and as I typed it from the book I took in the scripture and message. And so concluded, not only am I incredibly blessed in many ways, but I am also able to look forward to a future in heaven with God. That alone puts everything else into perspective. Time here is short and we can only do our best to serve God and others. We can rely on the Lord for the rest...
This week being pregnant really began interfering with my sleep. For a while now it has been painful turning over due to pelvis strain, but heartburn was added to the equation this week. I don't get it very often during the day but I am finding it flaring up during the night. So the 2-3 bathroom trips take me longer to sleep after.
No big deal? My sleep affects me more than I ever realized. Not only does it make my moods darker but also how I think about things.
No doubt the huge steps Emma has made this week brought me insurmountable joy. I was just less able to fight off the worries and fears that the rest of life stirs up.
When I gave up work in 2007 I never anticipated Scott would be laid off, much less for 8 weeks! We have been incredibly blessed that he has had side work to more than cover the lost income, not to mention the extra time we've had together and the time he has been able to work on the church renovations. Yet when I am tired my thoughts turn to the future and uncertainties we all face. I forget the provision that God has already shown us.
Then there's the new baby. Finances aside, I found myself freaking out about how I will be able to handle two children. I'm not so worried about daily routines, as much as how getting little sleep will affect my ability to cope! Plus, how do you run errands with two children? I know it is done by mother's the world over, so there is hope for me!
You see, when you don't get enough sleep, the silliest of things seem like giant problems! I broke down in tears a couple of times Thursday and at 11.30pm as we lay in bed Scott listened to all the thoughts that were getting in my head and then said"Can I make an observation? You only seem to get upset about stuff when you are tired. How can we get you some extra sleep?" He's the best!!
Unfortunately we didn't have a nurse that night so I got even less sleep than normal!! It's just not that easy to get more sleep when everything else requires the same attention!
So, how to snap out of it?
It so happens that I am currently posting the daily devotions on our youth groups blog (http://c4youth09.blogspot.com/) and as I typed it from the book I took in the scripture and message. And so concluded, not only am I incredibly blessed in many ways, but I am also able to look forward to a future in heaven with God. That alone puts everything else into perspective. Time here is short and we can only do our best to serve God and others. We can rely on the Lord for the rest...
For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well. (Luke 12: 30-31)
No comments:
Post a Comment