This morning Emma and I were out in the car, listening to B101 soft rock radio! Phil Collins's In the Air Tonight came on and made me think of England however many years ago. Songs can often do that to me, and I find myself wondering how did I end up where I am today!
Let me back track a minute...
After our vacation Scott and I started working on Emma's new bedroom. We went and bought the paint and rug on Monday, painted Tuesday and finished up last night. This morning Scott (who is still off work, but it's okay we have faith it will not be much longer!) got up to let the nurse out and set to work installing the ceiling fan.
When he finished and came in our room it was about 7.30am. I'd been awake for a little while, enjoying my lie-in!! No sounds from Emma's room until we were checking out the fan together. We went in to her room as she sat up on her knees and greeted us. She is so cute!!
She stood up to get out of the crib and gave us both big hugs and was chatting away. My heart melts when she wakes up so happy.
Scott went to work on renovations at church while Emma and I headed out to IKEA! What could we possibly need at IKEA? Emma has several machines in her room - CPAP, pulse-ox, suction machine and food pump. The food pump is suspended on an IV pole, but the others are on open shelves. Needless to say Emma loses to play with them when she's in her room! We decided to get a cabinet with a door so we can leave her in the room without worrying what she's doing to them!!
So, on the highway to the store she starts choking, more than normal. I pull over on to the shoulder as quick as I can to vent her. The whole time cars and trucks are whizzing past shaking our car. I was pretty nervous about getting hit and got back on the road as fast as I could, discarding the formula that I couldn't get back in her belly.
And as we start off again the song comes on the radio...
I look around me and wonder how I ended up driving on an American highway in the middle of the work day. Really, most people I grew up with are probably at work somewhere in England!
Here I am, not working, home to take care of my precious girl, about to have another baby, while my awesome husband is doing construction at church because he's out of work. Not what I'd have ever expected, yet every detail feels totally right. It's a good feeling to sense you are right where you are supposed to be!
Despite all the uncertainty of medical issues, work, additional family members and all the other stuff that seems to come out of the blue I find great joy in knowing that there is a purpose in all these things and that Jesus walks right beside me through it all.
I'll post pictures of her room when it's finished - it couldn't be more different than her current room!
Let me back track a minute...
After our vacation Scott and I started working on Emma's new bedroom. We went and bought the paint and rug on Monday, painted Tuesday and finished up last night. This morning Scott (who is still off work, but it's okay we have faith it will not be much longer!) got up to let the nurse out and set to work installing the ceiling fan.
When he finished and came in our room it was about 7.30am. I'd been awake for a little while, enjoying my lie-in!! No sounds from Emma's room until we were checking out the fan together. We went in to her room as she sat up on her knees and greeted us. She is so cute!!
She stood up to get out of the crib and gave us both big hugs and was chatting away. My heart melts when she wakes up so happy.
Scott went to work on renovations at church while Emma and I headed out to IKEA! What could we possibly need at IKEA? Emma has several machines in her room - CPAP, pulse-ox, suction machine and food pump. The food pump is suspended on an IV pole, but the others are on open shelves. Needless to say Emma loses to play with them when she's in her room! We decided to get a cabinet with a door so we can leave her in the room without worrying what she's doing to them!!
So, on the highway to the store she starts choking, more than normal. I pull over on to the shoulder as quick as I can to vent her. The whole time cars and trucks are whizzing past shaking our car. I was pretty nervous about getting hit and got back on the road as fast as I could, discarding the formula that I couldn't get back in her belly.
And as we start off again the song comes on the radio...
I look around me and wonder how I ended up driving on an American highway in the middle of the work day. Really, most people I grew up with are probably at work somewhere in England!
Here I am, not working, home to take care of my precious girl, about to have another baby, while my awesome husband is doing construction at church because he's out of work. Not what I'd have ever expected, yet every detail feels totally right. It's a good feeling to sense you are right where you are supposed to be!
Despite all the uncertainty of medical issues, work, additional family members and all the other stuff that seems to come out of the blue I find great joy in knowing that there is a purpose in all these things and that Jesus walks right beside me through it all.
I'll post pictures of her room when it's finished - it couldn't be more different than her current room!
1 comment:
i LOVE that sense of every detail feeling just right. it's relieving.
~Kali~
Post a Comment