Thursday, July 16, 2009

Nathan

I just wanted to ask you all to keep praying for Nathan. There seems to be some complications following the surgical procedure and he needs a lot of healing.

Nathan was born with a heart condition that was inevitably going to need fixing at some point, which turned out to be sooner than we had thought. The side effects of the surgery were many and of varying likelihood. It seems that Nathan's complications could require a permanent pacemaker to restore the functionality of his heart.

I've quickly realized that this is way bigger than any of Emma's surgeries, and I can't even imagine what his parents are going through. The closest we have experienced was whether Emma's bowels would function normally. Everything else, like feeding has an alternative. There is no alternative to a functioning heart!

You can keep up to date with Nathan's condition on Christina's blog at http://redcupcentral.blogspot.com/

No comments: