so this morning I noticed a pin-prick rash around Emma's knees. I thought maybe she had crawled through an irritant, but as I looked closer it was all across her legs, feet, arms and belly. We have been applying a corticosteroid cream for a rash on her butt cheeks (not diaper rash) since Sunday so I thought it might be an allergic reaction to that.
A visit to the pediatrician (who I guess knows better! ;-) determined that it is not the kind of rash that indicates an allergy. That would be more bumpy and inflamed. She swabbed Emma's throat and ran test for Strep which came back negative (but may reveal more after 24hours). She determined that it is most likely some other virus, probably throat related as her throat was red and swollen before the swab.
Emma is showing none of the usual symptoms of being sick, and since she can't tell us it hurts, and we would not see an aversion to drinking other kids would show, we really can't know for sure! In fact she should deal with it better because she won't get dehydrated!!
I did immediately call Christina and told her to watch Nathan. Even though Emma hasn't been to the hospital since last week I won't take chances. I will also not be visiting in case I transmit it. (Some people might not worry - I'm not one of them!!)
A visit to the pediatrician (who I guess knows better! ;-) determined that it is not the kind of rash that indicates an allergy. That would be more bumpy and inflamed. She swabbed Emma's throat and ran test for Strep which came back negative (but may reveal more after 24hours). She determined that it is most likely some other virus, probably throat related as her throat was red and swollen before the swab.
Emma is showing none of the usual symptoms of being sick, and since she can't tell us it hurts, and we would not see an aversion to drinking other kids would show, we really can't know for sure! In fact she should deal with it better because she won't get dehydrated!!
I did immediately call Christina and told her to watch Nathan. Even though Emma hasn't been to the hospital since last week I won't take chances. I will also not be visiting in case I transmit it. (Some people might not worry - I'm not one of them!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment