Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Good report

We had our 36th week visit to the midwife today - they are weekly here on out. I'm pleased to report that my weight gain is good (only 3 pounds in the past 3 weeks!!), blood pressure normal etc!

The baby continues to move pretty much all the time. Watching my belly has become somewhat entertaining as the baby recreates scenes from Alien!! In fact Emma's therapist, Melissa, gets completely freaked out by it - which is funny in itself! I don't even need to sit and time how many times he moves in an hour, I can feel it no matter what I'm doing!

My bump is measuring well, which hopefully means he's growing normally and is not some huge gigantor baby!! It's better that I don't know for sure as I might lose my resolve to go without pain meds, or at least try!!

Scott and Emma were with me today which is always fun. Scott and I had some questions about the labor and hospital which we got to ask. Since last time I was induced it was all planned and carefully monitored so even the labor will be a new experience this time!

I am allowed to eat during labor - sweet!! I had to survive on ice-chips and crackers for 24 hours with Emma!

The midwife will be there the whole time I'm in labor, on the ward if not the room. My doctor went home for the night while I was in labor with Emma! There were other docs but it's not the same!

There is a jacuzzi tub in the hospital that I can use while I'm in labor. I'm told it's very good to relax you.

I will be required to stay the whole 2 days after delivery. I'm not sure how I feel about that, but Emma will be well taken care of so it could be a nice rest!

In the meantime, Scott and I have designated Labor Day weekend as our prep time for, well, labor day! That will be two weeks before D-Day (Due day!!) One can only assume baby will not arrive before that!

All the baby clothes have been washed (and most are white - just in case!). I've put together my wash bag and will do the rest on that weekend.

I think we are a bit excited about the new arrival, but I know that I am incredibly nervous with so much of it being a new experience. I don't expect that to change much, all I can do is prepare as I know how and leave the rest in God's hands. It's almost like that feeling when you went back to school after the summer!! Everything was familiar but you weren't entirely sure what to expect and what would be different.

One things for sure, the blog will be the first place to see pictures and get all the details!

No comments: