Monday, August 24, 2009

It's all good


Emma went to bed last night between 8 and 8.30pm. She was very tired! As soon as we walked into her room she climbed into bed! I felt bad that I had to take her out to put her pajamas on! Then she climbed right into bed and I had to take her out to brush her teeth!!

Until now the last part of our bedtime routine is to put her eye gel in and tape the pulseox probe to her foot, which I do on top the dresser. Then before I lay her in bed we cuddle and pray. But last night she so wanted to get into the bed I put her on the floor and let her climb in herself. Then I knelt beside her (not as easy as you think!!) and we prayed there. It was really cute and was just one more step of independence!

This morning she slept until 8.30am!! 12 hours - that is very rare and I might have been worried after yesterdays fall except Emma was fine last night!

Our friends came over for dinner with their daughter Abby who is a couple months older than Emma. This is the first time Abby has visited here since Emma started walking. It was so funny watching them follow each other around. Although kids this age don't really play together Abby and Emma found a mutually agreeable activity...


The two dads took the girls outside to play for a while so we mums (both in our third trimester of pregnancy) could chill, which meant ice-cream sandwiches!!

Before they left I put Emma in her chair for a feed. Before we put the milk in we have to let the air out of her belly. Abby has seen this once or twice, and she is a quick learner...

No comments: