Today the forecast is for nice weather and a temperature of about 87f. Any other time that would be a lovely forecast, everything sunny and bright that we can see from our 73f air conditioned house!! Not today - there's something wrong with our condenser unit, so it's already 77f in the living room, warmer upstairs.
Our A/C guy is away today and will come tomorrow but he thinks it needs a new part, which he likely won't get until MONDAY!!! I guess we'll be spending time out of the house this weekend!
I know Emma's nurses won't mind - they are usually wrapped up in blankets trying to stay warm in her room, while she is fine in a t-shirt and diaper!!
Today I took her mattress out of the crib and put it on the floor. I'm going to put her on it for nap time and overnight, see how we do in the "big-girl bed!" If it works out we've picked out an affordable toddler bed that fits the crib mattress. Since Emma is only 30" tall, she has plenty of room on that mattress until she is big enough to climb into a real twin bed.
We are enjoying this phase of her life, watching her grow and experience new things.
Last night when I came in from youth group Emma came running (I use the term loosely!) in to the kitchen to greet me. (She may have just been going into the kitchen and it was good timing, but I'll take it!) The heart swell of pride and love whenever I've been away from my little girl, huge, but to see her running around so full of energy is just awesome.
This morning when she woke up Scott brought her in to me and she lay hugging my neck for a few minutes before signing play and wriggling to get off the bed! We shut the baby gate and bathroom door and she went to play in her room. She kept coming back to give us a taste of something she made in her toy kitchen!
One time she had the frying pan up to her face and she bumped into our open door! She carried on walking, going smack into the corner of my dresser. She fell back onto her bum and then her head hit the wooden floor. Of course she cried and wanted Mummy, to which I obliged with a cuddle, while stifling my laughter - never a camera around when you need one!
Our A/C guy is away today and will come tomorrow but he thinks it needs a new part, which he likely won't get until MONDAY!!! I guess we'll be spending time out of the house this weekend!
I know Emma's nurses won't mind - they are usually wrapped up in blankets trying to stay warm in her room, while she is fine in a t-shirt and diaper!!
Today I took her mattress out of the crib and put it on the floor. I'm going to put her on it for nap time and overnight, see how we do in the "big-girl bed!" If it works out we've picked out an affordable toddler bed that fits the crib mattress. Since Emma is only 30" tall, she has plenty of room on that mattress until she is big enough to climb into a real twin bed.
We are enjoying this phase of her life, watching her grow and experience new things.
Last night when I came in from youth group Emma came running (I use the term loosely!) in to the kitchen to greet me. (She may have just been going into the kitchen and it was good timing, but I'll take it!) The heart swell of pride and love whenever I've been away from my little girl, huge, but to see her running around so full of energy is just awesome.
This morning when she woke up Scott brought her in to me and she lay hugging my neck for a few minutes before signing play and wriggling to get off the bed! We shut the baby gate and bathroom door and she went to play in her room. She kept coming back to give us a taste of something she made in her toy kitchen!
One time she had the frying pan up to her face and she bumped into our open door! She carried on walking, going smack into the corner of my dresser. She fell back onto her bum and then her head hit the wooden floor. Of course she cried and wanted Mummy, to which I obliged with a cuddle, while stifling my laughter - never a camera around when you need one!
No comments:
Post a Comment