As you can imagine the house got pretty warm yesterday, about 83f by the time we went to bed! Thankfully some friends from church were able to lend us 2 window a/c units, one for our room and one for Emma's. That made sleeping much more comfortable, even if the rest of the house felt like a steam room!
As for sleeping, Emma took her nap on the crib mattress on the floor yesterday. She was dog-tired by the time I got her to her room so she was asleep before I put her on the mattress, but when she woke up she reached for her puppy and laid back down!! She really seems to like the independence of the bed.
At bed time we gave her a bath, and put her to bed tired, but not asleep. She wriggled around a bit, but once the CPAP head gear was on she settled down. The super-sensitive pulse-ox came in handy because we knew if she started moving around it would alarm!! (Maybe we should keep it, as a motion sensor!!) She fell asleep before too long and only changed positions when I moved her.
Katie was Emma's nurse last night and she's only been here a few times. She's really nice though and I feel very comfortable leaving Emma with her. When I went in to let her go in the morning I found Emma sitting on the end of her mattress playing with her kitchen and Katie sitting alongside her!! Apparently she was awake for a half hour before Katie finally gave in and let her get up! I don't blame her, when Emma starts to engage you, you just want to play with her!
During the night Emma fell of the bed once when her boppy pillow slid off the bed! She was a bit upset and disoriented but I guess it all worked out. We didn't hear a thing - the a/c units sound like a jet engine!!
I didn't sleep so well, though not due to the noise. Every time I got comfortable I would be woken by heartburn. I was also pretty thirsty and drinking water makes it worse!! I'll try for a nap this afternoon, I've been doing that alot, even just an hour is a huge help.
As for sleeping, Emma took her nap on the crib mattress on the floor yesterday. She was dog-tired by the time I got her to her room so she was asleep before I put her on the mattress, but when she woke up she reached for her puppy and laid back down!! She really seems to like the independence of the bed.
At bed time we gave her a bath, and put her to bed tired, but not asleep. She wriggled around a bit, but once the CPAP head gear was on she settled down. The super-sensitive pulse-ox came in handy because we knew if she started moving around it would alarm!! (Maybe we should keep it, as a motion sensor!!) She fell asleep before too long and only changed positions when I moved her.
Katie was Emma's nurse last night and she's only been here a few times. She's really nice though and I feel very comfortable leaving Emma with her. When I went in to let her go in the morning I found Emma sitting on the end of her mattress playing with her kitchen and Katie sitting alongside her!! Apparently she was awake for a half hour before Katie finally gave in and let her get up! I don't blame her, when Emma starts to engage you, you just want to play with her!
During the night Emma fell of the bed once when her boppy pillow slid off the bed! She was a bit upset and disoriented but I guess it all worked out. We didn't hear a thing - the a/c units sound like a jet engine!!
I didn't sleep so well, though not due to the noise. Every time I got comfortable I would be woken by heartburn. I was also pretty thirsty and drinking water makes it worse!! I'll try for a nap this afternoon, I've been doing that alot, even just an hour is a huge help.
No comments:
Post a Comment