Monday, August 17, 2009

Joys of parenthood

I am sure I spend too much time on the internet looking for information on how to do this that and the other. I'm probably addicted! I often find myself second guessing my decisions and look up "expert opinions" to confirm or deny!

Last night I found myself looking up moving a baby from the crib to a bed! A little late since we already moved her out of the crib, and of course it said better to wait till they are closer to 3!! However, each night and nap time I have put her on the mattress she has stayed put and gone to sleep. She seems to be pretty mature for her age (or so I'm told) so this may be a good time after all - before the terrible twos!!


She doesn't spring out of bed when she wakes up, so I can usually get there while she is stirring (the CPAP is quite noisy!!) Yesterday though I let her get up when she woke up after nap and it was too soon so I'll have to make sure to avoid that.

If she does this well for the rest of the week we'll take the crib out and put the bed in on the weekend.

I'm finding it far tougher to handle my parental jealousy. What? Emma's favorite word right now is Dad or Daddy, often accompanied with the sign for Daddy. She says it as soon as she wakes up, when we enter the house, if Scott is with us and gets out of the car - anywhere, anytime! Does she says Mummy or even Mommy? No. Does she sign Mummy? No. It's amazing that she will even point to me in a picture!!

Really though, I do love it that she loves Scott so much. He's been pretty busy lately but I have asked him to be home for dinner each night so that I can get a break, eat a bit healthier and Emma can see the object of her affection! Today they went outside (in 91f!) to play while I made dinner.


1 comment:

Christina Vare said...

The flowers you got for the walls in Emma's room are super cute!