We met with Emma''s neurologist today and she was very happy with her progress. Her head (and brain) are growing well and developmentally she is doing great. In fact she said we don't need to come back to that department, she is past the age of things they would want to monitor and showing no signs of any dysfunction.
It was a great visit and Emma had her cracking up with her sense of humor.
She also took a look at the x-rays of her neck and said it's hard to tell if the vertebrae is fused to the skull, or if it could just be the way her head was positioned for the x-ray!! (Quite a significant suggestion). When I told Scott what she had said he told me they had tilted her head back for the x-ray, so it's quite possible it could look like that!
As getting a toddler to hold perfectly still for 2 minutes is tough at any time, we are leaning toward postponing the CT scan until she would not need general anesthetic. And if Scott does get work, neither of us would be able to go in with her! In the meantime it might be worth getting additional regular x-rays with better positioning to see if that reveals more. (I won't be amused if they gave us such a dramatic diagnosis for no reason!)
I'm waiting to hear back from the orthopedic surgeon, so I'll keep you posted!!
It was a great visit and Emma had her cracking up with her sense of humor.
She also took a look at the x-rays of her neck and said it's hard to tell if the vertebrae is fused to the skull, or if it could just be the way her head was positioned for the x-ray!! (Quite a significant suggestion). When I told Scott what she had said he told me they had tilted her head back for the x-ray, so it's quite possible it could look like that!
As getting a toddler to hold perfectly still for 2 minutes is tough at any time, we are leaning toward postponing the CT scan until she would not need general anesthetic. And if Scott does get work, neither of us would be able to go in with her! In the meantime it might be worth getting additional regular x-rays with better positioning to see if that reveals more. (I won't be amused if they gave us such a dramatic diagnosis for no reason!)
I'm waiting to hear back from the orthopedic surgeon, so I'll keep you posted!!
No comments:
Post a Comment