Wednesday, September 30, 2009

New Day

Despite it only being 6am I'm feeling better today, of course!! Actually it felt good to write last night's blog, it really is as cathartic as talking or praying. I realized things as I was writing that I had not before.

When a situation requires endurance or potentially becomes high-emotion I switch into "business mode" which allows me to get everything done and not turn into a basket case. I'm pretty sure I've been handling the pregnancy in business mode, but sooner or later I have to face the deeper issues, which is what has happened in over-time!

Last night I started to read through a book Scott's mom brought over on Monday. It's by Charles Stanley and is really just some encouraging scripture and promises of God. It actually couldn't have been more relevant!! Thanks Ellen.

Emma had a good night last night. I didn't hear her cry once as she slept through. Of course that meant she woke up as soon as it was time for the nurse to leave! I got some sleep, so I can take it (with the aid of a little sweet tea caffeine!!)

We have speech therapy at 9.30 this morning, which is great. Having 6 hours of unscheduled time makes the mornings very long and I struggle to keep Emma busy! so far she has started 2 puzzles and is now playing with Mr Potato Head!

I had planned to take her to get some professional pictures today, but her nose is so runny and her eyes are puffy! I'm not sure they'd be the best pictures. The free offer we have only lasts until Sunday, so we may have to lose it. (I'd hoped to use it for both kids together!!)


No comments: