Yesterday morning I started a post about how Emma was grumpy and tired, and of course the TV stopped working altogether! I opted not to post it because, well, I figured you wouldn't care. Turns out it was going to get worse!!
After taking a 3 hours nap yesterday (Emma and me!!) Emma was still really fussy and felt very hot. I took her temp. and it was in a normal range. We headed out to a friends barbecue about 5pm, and I had dressed Emma in shorts and tank top since it was still daytime. I did take some pants and a t-shirt for when it started to get darker.
It seems I underestimated the hunger of the bugs around here, and in addition to the one bite on her arm from Friday, she came home with 5 more! When we did get her home about 8pm her temperature was over 100f. I gave her some Tylenol (paracetamol) to reduce the fever and put her to bed.
Although she was sleeping her heart rate was about 140bpm, when usually she will be at 90bpm for a good restful sleep. It didn't change much over time, but I left her with the nurse and clear instructions. Her temp. had dropped into the high 90s.
At 2am I had a potty trip, and stopped by Emma's room. Her temp. was back up and she'd just been given more Tylenol. Elizabeth reported that she was scratching at her body and very restless. I picked her up and rocked her in the chair for a while hoping she might sleep better.
The nurse offered to take her, but understood that I just wanted to hold my baby!! Before I went back to sleep I prayed over her - something I don't do very often. Emma hasn't been sick in a long while, and even then I don't recall any unexplained fevers.
She slept until about 6am and was sitting up in bed with her Bible. I didn't want to take her to church today, especially as I don't want to share any viruses with other kids! However, both Scott and I needed to be there, so we took her and I planned to bring her home as early as I could get out.
She ended up sleeping on us most of the service so I stayed until the end and left right away. Her head felt so hot I was really worried. Scott got a ride home a little while later!!
Her temp. was 99f so I gave her more Tylenol I laid down with Emma on our bed to get her to take a nap, and she slept there for a couple of hours.
In the meantime we tried to turn the TV on again and this time it came on. Why does that matter? There isn't much you can do with a sick grumpy child, especially when one of you is painting a room and the other can not move easily!! Praise the Lord it is working, for now!!
I hope she feels better soon, I hate being so helpless, and useless!!
After taking a 3 hours nap yesterday (Emma and me!!) Emma was still really fussy and felt very hot. I took her temp. and it was in a normal range. We headed out to a friends barbecue about 5pm, and I had dressed Emma in shorts and tank top since it was still daytime. I did take some pants and a t-shirt for when it started to get darker.
It seems I underestimated the hunger of the bugs around here, and in addition to the one bite on her arm from Friday, she came home with 5 more! When we did get her home about 8pm her temperature was over 100f. I gave her some Tylenol (paracetamol) to reduce the fever and put her to bed.
Although she was sleeping her heart rate was about 140bpm, when usually she will be at 90bpm for a good restful sleep. It didn't change much over time, but I left her with the nurse and clear instructions. Her temp. had dropped into the high 90s.
At 2am I had a potty trip, and stopped by Emma's room. Her temp. was back up and she'd just been given more Tylenol. Elizabeth reported that she was scratching at her body and very restless. I picked her up and rocked her in the chair for a while hoping she might sleep better.
The nurse offered to take her, but understood that I just wanted to hold my baby!! Before I went back to sleep I prayed over her - something I don't do very often. Emma hasn't been sick in a long while, and even then I don't recall any unexplained fevers.
She slept until about 6am and was sitting up in bed with her Bible. I didn't want to take her to church today, especially as I don't want to share any viruses with other kids! However, both Scott and I needed to be there, so we took her and I planned to bring her home as early as I could get out.
She ended up sleeping on us most of the service so I stayed until the end and left right away. Her head felt so hot I was really worried. Scott got a ride home a little while later!!
Her temp. was 99f so I gave her more Tylenol I laid down with Emma on our bed to get her to take a nap, and she slept there for a couple of hours.
In the meantime we tried to turn the TV on again and this time it came on. Why does that matter? There isn't much you can do with a sick grumpy child, especially when one of you is painting a room and the other can not move easily!! Praise the Lord it is working, for now!!
I hope she feels better soon, I hate being so helpless, and useless!!
1 comment:
I always hate when Abby is sick, and it's a tough time. However, I love that everything else seems to cease mattering, and I just get to focus on snuggling my baby. Sounds like Emma's fever is pretty low-grade. Hopefully, it will break soon and she will be good as new!
Post a Comment