Some Sundays are easier than others to get out of bed. Today was one of the tough ones! We didn't go to bed particularly late, but I didn't nap yesterday so I was tired. (Scott will always sleep until the last minute!!)
Emma woke up shortly after 6am and I wasted no time in bringing her into our bed and putting her back to sleep. Trouble was she occupied more than half of my pillow, so I was huddled on the edge of the bed.
We managed to get to church in time for me to prepare the sound booth for the service. (Somehow I found myself involved in running the sound system and working with the musicians on the technical side! Apparently no-one noticed I do not have any musical tendencies!!)
Emma was in the nursery with our friends today, so Scott was able to listen to the sermon, as did I. Following service I went to get her and she was pretty tired, so I got a big, long hug! (Last time she barely acknowledged me and carried on playing!)
I went and sat with her in the lobby as we waited for Scott. Not long after sitting down little Joey, a 2 year old boy, came over and said "hi Emma!" It was so cute. I'm not sure if she didn't hear or was being shy, but she didn't respond! According to his mom, Emma was the one person he named when asked who he'd see at church!
Shortly after that, 2 1/2 yr old Nicholas came over and just stood there smiling!
I've seen Emma with the other kids and she loves to play with them when we're not around. I guess she just got shy when I was there.
Not to worry though. Scott got the ultimate prize today when she said "I love you" to him without being asked! (He's been teaching her to say it - I still get the sign language version!)
Emma woke up shortly after 6am and I wasted no time in bringing her into our bed and putting her back to sleep. Trouble was she occupied more than half of my pillow, so I was huddled on the edge of the bed.
We managed to get to church in time for me to prepare the sound booth for the service. (Somehow I found myself involved in running the sound system and working with the musicians on the technical side! Apparently no-one noticed I do not have any musical tendencies!!)
Emma was in the nursery with our friends today, so Scott was able to listen to the sermon, as did I. Following service I went to get her and she was pretty tired, so I got a big, long hug! (Last time she barely acknowledged me and carried on playing!)
I went and sat with her in the lobby as we waited for Scott. Not long after sitting down little Joey, a 2 year old boy, came over and said "hi Emma!" It was so cute. I'm not sure if she didn't hear or was being shy, but she didn't respond! According to his mom, Emma was the one person he named when asked who he'd see at church!
Shortly after that, 2 1/2 yr old Nicholas came over and just stood there smiling!
I've seen Emma with the other kids and she loves to play with them when we're not around. I guess she just got shy when I was there.
Not to worry though. Scott got the ultimate prize today when she said "I love you" to him without being asked! (He's been teaching her to say it - I still get the sign language version!)
No comments:
Post a Comment