This afternoon Scott and I were able to attend a wedding for two good friends. The last time I went to a wedding I was pregnant with Emma!! This time Emma stayed home with Grandma and Pops!
It is challenging to find an outfit for a wedding normally, so imagine the difficulty when you are 50lbs heavier and 9 months pregnant!! Still, I put together an outfit that was smart, comfortable and looked pretty decent!
Of course there was no way to minimize my huge belly (and it is huge, and round!) so I got asked plenty of times when I was due. I resisted the urge (and request of friends) to respond with "I'm not pregnant!" But the real answer "In 10 days." got quite a shocked response from most people anyway!
There was a great ceremony on a small patio, for which the rain held of, just. Partway in I stepped up to take the ring bearer (my Godson) to the potty! I tried to be discreet, but that's like an elephant trying to tiptoe through a glass shop!
During the cocktail hour (when the wedding party go for photos and the guests have drinks and h'or deuvres) I really felt like the waiters were coming over to me fairly constantly. I'd normally be thrilled, but I just can't eat as much as normal!
The meal was great and the DJ played a great selection of big band music to accompany it. He also had some great games and ice breakers that I have not seen before (in all the many weddings I've attended!! Not!)
The brides father passed away a year ago and so she danced with her mom instead, to a song that her dad would have picked. They did him proud. I doubt there was a dry eye in the house. Later Scott and I shared that we'd both also been thinking about the day when Scott will dance with Emma at her wedding. I can only imagine how tough it will be for him to give his baby girl away, and the man that will persuade him to do so!
The dancing and party didn't really get going for the guests until about 8pm, so I got to have a bit of a boogie (apparently it can help bring on labor!!) and Scott and I had a dance together before we headed out to get Emma to bed. Probably just as well - I can't hang with the young people like I used to!
It would have been nice to stay longer, but the lot of a parent is a tough one! Not to mention my back probably wouldn't have obliged for much longer.
The more times I discuss the pregnancy with people, the more anxious I get that this baby is going to sit tight until he is dragged out (kind of like getting Scott out of bed in the morning!) And while the bun is in the oven, it will keep getting bigger and bigger!! I pray that won't be the case.
It is challenging to find an outfit for a wedding normally, so imagine the difficulty when you are 50lbs heavier and 9 months pregnant!! Still, I put together an outfit that was smart, comfortable and looked pretty decent!
Of course there was no way to minimize my huge belly (and it is huge, and round!) so I got asked plenty of times when I was due. I resisted the urge (and request of friends) to respond with "I'm not pregnant!" But the real answer "In 10 days." got quite a shocked response from most people anyway!
There was a great ceremony on a small patio, for which the rain held of, just. Partway in I stepped up to take the ring bearer (my Godson) to the potty! I tried to be discreet, but that's like an elephant trying to tiptoe through a glass shop!
During the cocktail hour (when the wedding party go for photos and the guests have drinks and h'or deuvres) I really felt like the waiters were coming over to me fairly constantly. I'd normally be thrilled, but I just can't eat as much as normal!
The meal was great and the DJ played a great selection of big band music to accompany it. He also had some great games and ice breakers that I have not seen before (in all the many weddings I've attended!! Not!)
The brides father passed away a year ago and so she danced with her mom instead, to a song that her dad would have picked. They did him proud. I doubt there was a dry eye in the house. Later Scott and I shared that we'd both also been thinking about the day when Scott will dance with Emma at her wedding. I can only imagine how tough it will be for him to give his baby girl away, and the man that will persuade him to do so!
The dancing and party didn't really get going for the guests until about 8pm, so I got to have a bit of a boogie (apparently it can help bring on labor!!) and Scott and I had a dance together before we headed out to get Emma to bed. Probably just as well - I can't hang with the young people like I used to!
It would have been nice to stay longer, but the lot of a parent is a tough one! Not to mention my back probably wouldn't have obliged for much longer.
The more times I discuss the pregnancy with people, the more anxious I get that this baby is going to sit tight until he is dragged out (kind of like getting Scott out of bed in the morning!) And while the bun is in the oven, it will keep getting bigger and bigger!! I pray that won't be the case.
1 comment:
i'm glad to hear everything is going well...2 things; 1) you're not old so that whole comment about hanging out w. the young people is so not you...yet! :) 2)i pray for that young man who has to persuade Scott to let him marry Emma...i'll start now so by that time God is totally obliged :) miss y'all
~kali
Post a Comment