I was naive enough to think that we wouldn't really have much problem from Emma when Toby came home. It's okay, you can laugh!! I have my reasons for thinking that, but I guess it's a good sign that she is reacting the way other kids do!
All in all she has been very good and is nothing but loving and affectionate with him. She wants to hold him and tickle him etc, which is great.
However the whiny tantrums that we never saw before are coming much more frequently. Today she wanted to drink his milk. This might be more of an issue because she gets 'milk' herself, only I don't cradle her in my arms to feed her - anymore!
Where before she would happily sit in her chair in front of the TV during a tube feed she is now constantly getting up and turning round to see what's happening. i guess we'll have to speed them up so it takes no longer than one episode of Diego!!
She has been crying out frequently in the night, but she also has a runny nose, so there may be more to it.
On Monday Emma was standing on the ottoman, about 18" up. Scott told her to get down (not to sit down...) so she stepped right off the edge. I didn't see the fall, but from Scott's horrified yell I know it can't have been a swan dive! She now has a scab under her nose where she hit the carpet!
Today I have caught her standing on the rocking recliner and trying to walk across our bed! if these are cries for attention it's working!
On the up side, she has discovered that she can hold our attention well if she sits in her high-chair and eats food! She's been doing great with that.
Needless to say the rest I want will have to wait until Daddy comes home to tag-team with me! I pray this is just a phase that she'll grow out of by, let's say next week!!!
All in all she has been very good and is nothing but loving and affectionate with him. She wants to hold him and tickle him etc, which is great.
However the whiny tantrums that we never saw before are coming much more frequently. Today she wanted to drink his milk. This might be more of an issue because she gets 'milk' herself, only I don't cradle her in my arms to feed her - anymore!
Where before she would happily sit in her chair in front of the TV during a tube feed she is now constantly getting up and turning round to see what's happening. i guess we'll have to speed them up so it takes no longer than one episode of Diego!!
She has been crying out frequently in the night, but she also has a runny nose, so there may be more to it.
On Monday Emma was standing on the ottoman, about 18" up. Scott told her to get down (not to sit down...) so she stepped right off the edge. I didn't see the fall, but from Scott's horrified yell I know it can't have been a swan dive! She now has a scab under her nose where she hit the carpet!
Today I have caught her standing on the rocking recliner and trying to walk across our bed! if these are cries for attention it's working!
On the up side, she has discovered that she can hold our attention well if she sits in her high-chair and eats food! She's been doing great with that.
Needless to say the rest I want will have to wait until Daddy comes home to tag-team with me! I pray this is just a phase that she'll grow out of by, let's say next week!!!
1 comment:
Sounds like someone is about to turn 2!! Yeah, this phase is likely going to last for a while. It's good, though, she is gaining confidence and independence...things that will drive you nuts for the next few years, but serve her well in the future. Ah, parenting! :-)
Post a Comment