I don't think crying before breakfast is ever a good sign, but sometimes you just can't help it!!
Last night Scott was home about 7.30, had me sit down while he took care of dinner and the kids. He even gave Emma a bath before preparing his lunch for today. I went to bed about 9.30pm and he brought me apple pie and ice-cream!! (I know.)
I got up about 12 to pump, which took about 15 minutes total. I went back to bed, and sleep. From about 1am every noise Toby made roused me because I was expecting him to get up and want feeding. Eventually he did and I fed him in the dark room. When he had chugged the one bottle I held him until he fell asleep and laid him down.
He woke up again shortly after, possibly to burp or poop which he does alot! I don't remember much, but I know he fell asleep in my arm about 4am, and I fell asleep to. At 4.40am I put him back in the pack'n'play. Shortly after he was up again and nothing was calming him.
About 5am I woke Scott and asked him to take him out the room, because I needed to get some sleep. He did, and I think he fed him again downstairs (That's 12oz in 5 hours!). When I heard Emma up about 5.45am Scott and Toby were back in their beds.
I probably didn't do well in hiding my frustration with the nurse that yet again, Emma was wide awake and off her CPAP well before 6am. The other nurse somehow leaves at 6am with Emma fast asleep! I grabbed Emma and brought her into our room hoping she might sleep again like yesterday. No such luck.
After 20 minutes or so of shushing her and telling her to sleep I gave-up and brought her downstairs in tears (me not her) and plonked her in front the TV. She's happy, playing around - she even takes my pump parts and pulls her shirt up!! She's determined to sit in her doll stroller too!
For all the rest I get in the evening, all the in and out of bed and up and downstairs in the night means I'm already hurting!!
I'm sure I'll get through the day and probably go to bed super early tonight. I just wish I didn't feel so guilty about having the TV on all day. I can't take her outside because the baby is too little and I still can't get down and play with her without hurting myself.
I know it will get easier eventually. Whenever that is.
Last night Scott was home about 7.30, had me sit down while he took care of dinner and the kids. He even gave Emma a bath before preparing his lunch for today. I went to bed about 9.30pm and he brought me apple pie and ice-cream!! (I know.)
I got up about 12 to pump, which took about 15 minutes total. I went back to bed, and sleep. From about 1am every noise Toby made roused me because I was expecting him to get up and want feeding. Eventually he did and I fed him in the dark room. When he had chugged the one bottle I held him until he fell asleep and laid him down.
He woke up again shortly after, possibly to burp or poop which he does alot! I don't remember much, but I know he fell asleep in my arm about 4am, and I fell asleep to. At 4.40am I put him back in the pack'n'play. Shortly after he was up again and nothing was calming him.
About 5am I woke Scott and asked him to take him out the room, because I needed to get some sleep. He did, and I think he fed him again downstairs (That's 12oz in 5 hours!). When I heard Emma up about 5.45am Scott and Toby were back in their beds.
I probably didn't do well in hiding my frustration with the nurse that yet again, Emma was wide awake and off her CPAP well before 6am. The other nurse somehow leaves at 6am with Emma fast asleep! I grabbed Emma and brought her into our room hoping she might sleep again like yesterday. No such luck.
After 20 minutes or so of shushing her and telling her to sleep I gave-up and brought her downstairs in tears (me not her) and plonked her in front the TV. She's happy, playing around - she even takes my pump parts and pulls her shirt up!! She's determined to sit in her doll stroller too!
For all the rest I get in the evening, all the in and out of bed and up and downstairs in the night means I'm already hurting!!
I'm sure I'll get through the day and probably go to bed super early tonight. I just wish I didn't feel so guilty about having the TV on all day. I can't take her outside because the baby is too little and I still can't get down and play with her without hurting myself.
I know it will get easier eventually. Whenever that is.
No comments:
Post a Comment