This week has been a long one. Interrupted sleep for us both, Scott also did some over-time and taking care of me! The kids have done really well. Emma has a cold so she's been a bit sleep deprived too, and Toby has really slept and ate his way through the week.
Last night Toby slept most of the night after we swaddled him. Unfortunately Emma was up a lot with a bad cough that was getting her upset. However, I have had more energy today than most of the days this week!
Scott's mom came over early to watch Emma (who was up at 5.30am. Why??!!) and I got a brief nap in before Toby wanted his breakfast! The three of us all took an afternoon nap, and both kids were asleep by 8.30pm.
Scott is exhausted! I don't know where he got the energy from this week, but I am glad he is able to be home this weekend and spend time with us - otherwise, what's the point!
I do have a plan for this weekend of course! That is to get Toby's room ready for him to move in. We need to get a mattress, dresser and other bits n bobs to make it feel like his space. Then with the aid of a baby monitor, he can sleep in there in peace, and when he's awake Scott can sleep in our room in peace!!
Oh and one of my personal high points this week - I got into a pair of regular jeans!! (Sure, they were 2/3 sizes bigger than I wore pre-pregnancy, but it took me a long time to get into jeans after Emma was born!! A sense of normalcy.
Last night Toby slept most of the night after we swaddled him. Unfortunately Emma was up a lot with a bad cough that was getting her upset. However, I have had more energy today than most of the days this week!
Scott's mom came over early to watch Emma (who was up at 5.30am. Why??!!) and I got a brief nap in before Toby wanted his breakfast! The three of us all took an afternoon nap, and both kids were asleep by 8.30pm.
Scott is exhausted! I don't know where he got the energy from this week, but I am glad he is able to be home this weekend and spend time with us - otherwise, what's the point!
I do have a plan for this weekend of course! That is to get Toby's room ready for him to move in. We need to get a mattress, dresser and other bits n bobs to make it feel like his space. Then with the aid of a baby monitor, he can sleep in there in peace, and when he's awake Scott can sleep in our room in peace!!
Oh and one of my personal high points this week - I got into a pair of regular jeans!! (Sure, they were 2/3 sizes bigger than I wore pre-pregnancy, but it took me a long time to get into jeans after Emma was born!! A sense of normalcy.
No comments:
Post a Comment