Today we went on our first family shopping trip. We purposely kept it simple (just IKEA then BJs) so that we didn't have any meltdowns, and to squeeze it in between my pumping times (a four hour window).
Things started out well, we had Toby in his carseat stroller and Emma in a shopping cart (which she bears for increasingly less time!). Of course Toby was hungry almost immediately, so Scott paused to feed him while Emma and I pressed on toward the things I had on my list.
Between the showroom floor and the shopping floor (only makes sense if you've been!) we stopped so Scott could eat and I changed the baby.
We got a dresser which will double as a changing table for now, and about as cheap as they come so we don't sweat any dings!! A few other little things completed the load.
We got back in the car and headed next-door to the wholesalers. We get bulk purchases there, like paper towels, which the nurses use for hygiene, and diapers! Before we put anything in the cart Toby threw up, all over himself. We're not used to this yet, but it wasn't a complete surprise! I did bring a change of clothes at the last minute!!
I'm not sure what the deal is, but Toby seems to over eat and a few times (3am last night included) he has had major chucks! After many months of dealing with contents straight from Emma's belly, my son's puke does not bother me for the most part. However, it was everywhere and he was very fussy afterward.
Somehow we managed to get all the items we had coupons for and got out of there asap! Both kids slept on the way home, since it was well into Emma's nap time. Now Scott's sleeping!!
With hindsight it may have been a lot for little Toby to handle, plus I realized we should have laid him out in the carriage stroller since he isn't used to the carseat. However, it was a needed trip and went pretty well I think.
I am willing to admit that I am not hesitant about taking Toby out. Yet I am very reluctant to take him to church! Why? Because I know people have a compulsion to touch babies, despite all they see and hear. That makes me very uncomfortable since he is so young and vulnerable. I may be paranoid, but that's my right as a mother!!
When we do finally go to church I will not be letting him out of my arms and will probably be quite forward about people who try to touch him!! Those who know me well will expect no less I am sure!! Maybe I'll put some gloves on him...
Things started out well, we had Toby in his carseat stroller and Emma in a shopping cart (which she bears for increasingly less time!). Of course Toby was hungry almost immediately, so Scott paused to feed him while Emma and I pressed on toward the things I had on my list.
Between the showroom floor and the shopping floor (only makes sense if you've been!) we stopped so Scott could eat and I changed the baby.
We got a dresser which will double as a changing table for now, and about as cheap as they come so we don't sweat any dings!! A few other little things completed the load.
We got back in the car and headed next-door to the wholesalers. We get bulk purchases there, like paper towels, which the nurses use for hygiene, and diapers! Before we put anything in the cart Toby threw up, all over himself. We're not used to this yet, but it wasn't a complete surprise! I did bring a change of clothes at the last minute!!
I'm not sure what the deal is, but Toby seems to over eat and a few times (3am last night included) he has had major chucks! After many months of dealing with contents straight from Emma's belly, my son's puke does not bother me for the most part. However, it was everywhere and he was very fussy afterward.
Somehow we managed to get all the items we had coupons for and got out of there asap! Both kids slept on the way home, since it was well into Emma's nap time. Now Scott's sleeping!!
With hindsight it may have been a lot for little Toby to handle, plus I realized we should have laid him out in the carriage stroller since he isn't used to the carseat. However, it was a needed trip and went pretty well I think.
I am willing to admit that I am not hesitant about taking Toby out. Yet I am very reluctant to take him to church! Why? Because I know people have a compulsion to touch babies, despite all they see and hear. That makes me very uncomfortable since he is so young and vulnerable. I may be paranoid, but that's my right as a mother!!
When we do finally go to church I will not be letting him out of my arms and will probably be quite forward about people who try to touch him!! Those who know me well will expect no less I am sure!! Maybe I'll put some gloves on him...
1 comment:
IKEA? Aren't you supposed to be resting?! :-D
Toby may be overeating a bit, since milk comes out of the bottle quicker than the breast. Are you using the slow flow nipples? Kids spit up a lot...good call on the extra clothes! We went through tons of burp cloths, too.
We're playing hooky from church as well. Abby coughed all night long, and of course seems fine this morning. I wonder if she and Emma are fighting off the same cold. Hope all is well!
Post a Comment