Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Blown away

It's no secret that I think Emma is very special - she's my daughter after all! And she is special irrespective of what she can or can't do - we all are. However, I don't see any reason not to celebrate her wonderful accomplishments (as I will Toby's!).

(You know what's coming, right?)

Today Melissa came for Emma's weekly occupational therapy. There really is very little Emma can't do in the fine motor category , many beyond expectations for her age. Today was really one of the bigger deals.

As Melissa sat down to "play" with Emma I suggested she have her work on her 9-piece Dora jigsaw. We got it out and laid out the pieces jumbled up.

In amazement Melissa and I sat by quietly watching as Emma put the entire jigsaw together without any mistakes or even much thinking time. I don't know when she last had the jigsaw out, but it sure wasn't in the last 24hours.

Melissa said that to do the puzzle, even if it was from memory (there was no picture to follow) she would not expect a child to be able to do that until 5 years old.

Of course I wanted to video it, but she refused to do it again! (She does not do command performances much anymore!) It was only later on when we asked her to "clean-up" the pieces was I able to get it on camera... but it won't upload!!

Of course now we know she has a very good memory she has no excuse for constantly trying to play in the trash can!!

1 comment:

jkerk said...

Bravo Emma! I knew she had it in her!
Judy