Sunday, January 31, 2010

Busy busy busy

We have been on the go constantly lately, or at least it feels that way! The days are pretty quiet for me and the kids, and Scott works of course. In the evening, Scott has been working or we try and eat dinner together before the kids get banished to bed!!

On the weekends we have been pretty busy since Christmas with either work or church stuff. Our roles at church are very different to this time last year, and will allow us connect with different people within our congregation as well as grow spiritually. We spend a lot of our free time on serving at church, but we watch too much TV otherwise! ;-)

With a 5 hour time difference I just realized we haven't seen my parents or grandparents for a while!! (We don't call anymore, just Skype!!) I even realized I forgot to call my niece on her birthday this week - that's both of them now. Every day seems to run into the next until BAM! we hit a weekend!

It's a good thing we have the blog, so even if they don't hear from me they know we're doing well.

That said I don't even have much time on the computer anymore, or so it feels. So, here's a few things I don't think I mentioned...

On Friday Emma had her usual Physical Therapy. We are preparing for the annual evaluation of the therapy services, to see if she still qualifies. The therapy is free and only for kids with a 20-25% delay I believe. Last year we fudged the truth a little to keep the PT - she was so close.

This year the therapist ran through a list of can/can't do's in the PT evaluation. The only thing Emma couldn't do yet is catch a ball. Thing is, the list is things that a 36 month old should be doing - Emma is only 26 months!! She's ahead of the curve now. Needless to say she won't be getting PT after the evaluation.


The eating is still going well and we had our first family [of 4] dinner last night. We got Toby a high chair so he can sit with us now.

I won't be feeding him solids just yet, following the AAP recommendation of exclusive breastmilk for 6 months.

Toby is going for his 4 month check up tomorrow. He is huge - not fat, just really long and really strong. He has been a smiler for a while, but he charms most people with a really cute giggle that is often unsolicited! Not to mention the loud burps at awkward times, like the middle of our adult bible study!!

I got my hair cut last week which was a good move to feeling more positive. It's like on those makeover shows, nothing's really different until they get their hair cut! Plus short hair is much easier to do. I'm also getting closer to my pre-baby weight and I really have not been trying.

Scott is working hard and as much as he can.

I can't believe it's February tomorrow. Only a few more months til summer!!

Bed-head!



See any resemblance - that's Emma on the right!


No comments: