Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Hump Day

That is what they call Wednesday's here, the hump to get over in the middle of the week! This week Wednesday is a huge "hump"!!

It has been a while since Scott worked really late, mainly because I lose my mind between 6-7pm! On Tuesday and Thursday of this week though he has to go to school to get re-certified for working with scaffolding. It's an 8 hour course over two nights from 5pm! If he doesn't do it he would need to complete a 32 hour course to work in that area and that is where he would go if he loses his job again.

Despite getting out to run errands in the morning, while Ellen watched Emma, and having Melissa over for therapy in the afternoon I was done by 6pm! I took the kids upstairs with me as I attempted to take a shower.

In the end Emma got a bath and I got no shower!! She is a master at emotional manipulation. You tell her something she does not like and she responds with "okay" in the most emotionally distraught voice with tears clearly audible behind it! I recognize I am in no fit state to handle the tears of a little girl!

Last night after having been in to tell her to stop yelling "HEY!" and go to sleep, as I walked out the door she ever-so-sweetly said "Night Night!" Do you laugh or get mad!!

After sleeping for 11 hours straight on Saturday night, Toby has gone back to feeding at 10pm and again around 4am. You'd think I could sleep in after that, but oh no! Emma gets up at 7am and so will Toby!

Today though, we have no daytime plans and I will leave the kids in their PJs until after nap!! I will also get a shower - I'm determined!!

Some good news is that the threat of therapy seems to have scared Toby and he is now using his full range of motion!!

I have lots of pictures to post and will do that shortly!!

No comments: