Monday, January 4, 2010

New start

Toby went for his 2 month well visit today (although he is 3 months old on Wednesday!). We were not able to get him in with the pediatrician for a long time, and in the end we decided to take him to our doctor instead. This just happens to be the doctor that Scott's sister works for!

Toby now weighs 14lbs 14oz and is 24.5". He looks great and is healthy. The only cause for mild concern is his preference for keeping his head turned to the right. It isn't that he doesn't turn left, but it is in frequent and he has less range of motion on that side. It could be torticolis, which we know is very common and I am hoping we can work on it ourselves and avoid therapy!

(We thought Emma had torticolis, but it's more likely one side of her neck is weaker, rather than one side being tighter as in torticolis.)

You might think all doctors are alike, but it's not the case. I really like this guy because he didn't rush us, asked me questions and gave guidance on sleeping habits and even printed out the growth chart. I don't think it's just because we're Julie's family, but I'm okay if it is!!

We also got two shots for Toby and will get the other two in a month. The doctor did not mind me spreading them out at all - also a rarity!

Emma had a great time as she spent most of the visit up front playing with Julie or looking 3 storeys down from the floor-length windows. It was great for me to be able to focus on Toby.

Kudos to the team - I know Julie passes along the blogs sometimes!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

who saw you? Dr. Krafchik or Dr. DiMarco?? either way i love them! they have been my drs since i was about 1 years old. great doctors