My friends said to me last night " I thought you were ditching the binky?" "Uh, yeah - I said I was trying!!" It didn't go so well!
The problem is that Toby's 2nd nap is at the same time as Emma's nap and if he wakes up in the middle of it he cries. Giving him a pacifier, well, pacifies him quicker than leaving him to it, because he falls back to sleep immediately.
That said, he only takes it when he is tired or hungry. The rest of the time he has a fist in his mouth or he's talking and smiling. (Did I mention he is a really good baby?!)
And we decided to wait until Emma is over this ear infection to take hers away. No point in making a bad situation worse! I am however being more strict about when she can have it - which is bedtime. I have not even taken one out with me the past couple of days. She still falls asleep in the car at naptime, she just cries a bit!
Once the binky is gone, out comes the potty! Thank goodness we have wood floors!
The problem is that Toby's 2nd nap is at the same time as Emma's nap and if he wakes up in the middle of it he cries. Giving him a pacifier, well, pacifies him quicker than leaving him to it, because he falls back to sleep immediately.
That said, he only takes it when he is tired or hungry. The rest of the time he has a fist in his mouth or he's talking and smiling. (Did I mention he is a really good baby?!)
And we decided to wait until Emma is over this ear infection to take hers away. No point in making a bad situation worse! I am however being more strict about when she can have it - which is bedtime. I have not even taken one out with me the past couple of days. She still falls asleep in the car at naptime, she just cries a bit!
Once the binky is gone, out comes the potty! Thank goodness we have wood floors!
No comments:
Post a Comment