I really didn't think I'd make it. Toby got me up at 5.30am and though he went back to bed, Emma was up before 7am. I brought her into bed with me since she was still sleepy. She lay there for a few minutes before asking for the TV on. I obliged and closed my eyes.
I'm not sure if I actually slept, but every so often she would touch me or say "look Mummy" disturbing my rest! At some point she asked for the TV to be turned off and to go downstairs. I gave in.
When Toby got up after 8am I didn't see the library at 10am being a good option. He'd be due to sleep at 10am and I'd have to get dressed! Still, at 9am I realized it wasn't fair for Emma to be stuck home because I was tired.
So I put the kids in Emma's room while I took a shower, then got us all dressed and out the door at 9.55am - faster than ever before!
We were a couple of minutes late so our usual spot up front by the rug was gone. I set up camp with Toby near the back of the room and after a few moments Emma went to take her place on the rug! She came back and forth a few times but was really well behaved - I was so proud. She didn't even go up near the librarian which was great.
After the story/dance time the toys came out and Emma managed to get her favorite - the phone. This is the second time in a row I've got a picture like this...

Who she's talking to varies, but I will not be getting her a cellphone until she has a job - look how comfortable she is! What makes me feel really old is that I remember real phones with the dial and she will likely never see one. In fact if you hand Emma an iPhone or other smart phone she knows exactly how they work!
Unfortunately she did not want to leave, while Toby had tired red eyes and desperately needed a nap. She did refuse a few times until I quietly whispered in her ear that I would get mad if she did not put her coat on. She obliged. I wonder how long it will be that easy!
I'm not sure if I actually slept, but every so often she would touch me or say "look Mummy" disturbing my rest! At some point she asked for the TV to be turned off and to go downstairs. I gave in.
When Toby got up after 8am I didn't see the library at 10am being a good option. He'd be due to sleep at 10am and I'd have to get dressed! Still, at 9am I realized it wasn't fair for Emma to be stuck home because I was tired.
So I put the kids in Emma's room while I took a shower, then got us all dressed and out the door at 9.55am - faster than ever before!
We were a couple of minutes late so our usual spot up front by the rug was gone. I set up camp with Toby near the back of the room and after a few moments Emma went to take her place on the rug! She came back and forth a few times but was really well behaved - I was so proud. She didn't even go up near the librarian which was great.
After the story/dance time the toys came out and Emma managed to get her favorite - the phone. This is the second time in a row I've got a picture like this...

Who she's talking to varies, but I will not be getting her a cellphone until she has a job - look how comfortable she is! What makes me feel really old is that I remember real phones with the dial and she will likely never see one. In fact if you hand Emma an iPhone or other smart phone she knows exactly how they work!
Unfortunately she did not want to leave, while Toby had tired red eyes and desperately needed a nap. She did refuse a few times until I quietly whispered in her ear that I would get mad if she did not put her coat on. She obliged. I wonder how long it will be that easy!
1 comment:
Awww sorry I missed the library today, it was therapy day of course. We will see you there on Friday. The therapist is going to come meet us at the library in 4 weeks to watch Aaron!
Post a Comment