Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Write or wrong

Thank you for your encouragement to write a book. That wasn't quite my plan, rather I was looking at possible freelance work involving writing, proofreading etc. However the more I look into the work that's out there and how you find it, I don't think I can!

There's a world of difference between writing a blog about your own life and experience, and working to someone else's expectations and requirements.

As for writing a book, I don't know how many people even read the blog, let alone would want to read a book on the same subject!!

Can you tell I'm feeling a little discouraged? I guess I just figured it wouldn't take much for me to find work if I ever wanted to and reality bites. Anything outside the home would require childcare costs and that's more than I'd likely earn. If we needed it I'd take a job in retail or something, that wouldn't bother me, but I don't think we're there yet.

Mexico is sounding pretty good right now!!

No comments: