Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Best gift of all

Last night was magical. Scott uttered those special words that I long to hear but our seldom spoken - "I'll get up with the baby in the night." Ahh, what a wonderful gift, a night on un-interrupted sleep.

Scott brought home white and red roses for me. He went to South Philly to get a cheesecake from a real bakery, instead of regular cake. He cleaned up after dinner and did all the dishes. He gave Emma her bath and put her to bed. And he got up with Toby in the night.

In reality that meant feeding him at 11.30pm and then 5am. For me, the earplugs went in and I slept right through! I did hear the faint sound of crying - the monitor has to be on full volume to wake Scott up, but I smiled and went back to sleep.

I woke up when Scott left and both kids were up by 6.45am, but that didn't matter one bit. I had a wonderful birthday evening and a gift that was priceless!

Now I can't wait until Mother's Day on May 9!!

No comments: