Monday, April 26, 2010

This is the Tip of the Day on my calender today, my birthday:

For an effective fertilizer spread hair clippings on your soil - it contains more nitrogen than cow manure.

Nice!

Unfortunately Scott is working today so we are celebrating on Saturay and we're going out for dinner, for the first time in months.

Today I figured I would go about life as normal, after all it's not like it's Mother's Day or something! This actually meant doing laundry and grocery shopping in one day. Thankfully Nanna was happy to watch Toby for me, so Emma and I could run around and do the shopping.

Emma is funny in the car now. At every stop sign (and there are many) she likes to spell stop! She's done it so much that she can actually spell it from memory or knows what you are spelling if you say the letters! She's also talking about the weather and music.

Today the weather sucks! It's cool and raining. Emma kept saying "Mummy, no sun!!"

I was hoping to grab a nap after putting the kids down, but I didn't get my stuff done until after 2.30pm. Toby went down at 1pm and was back up at 3pm! It was fine as I got to spend some one-on-one time with the cutest boy ever.

Scott came home and brought me some flowers and a big cheesecake!! Christina and the guys got me the perfect brownie pan, to make my already awesome brownies perfect. Kimberly got me some of my favourite chocolate truffles (still a couple left!). And I have to thank the people who provided the means for me to buy some new summer clothes. My nieces, sister and my in-laws - thanks! (I'm under my pre-pregnancy weight now, thanks to the 24-hour GI bug!!)

Celebrating aging is really quite an odd tradition, but to take the sting out of it is a great idea!! Happy Birthday to me!

1 comment:

stacey said...

Happy Birthday Debra!!!