Last night we all went to Scott's youngest sister's graduation. Kimberly is now 14 and will start high school in September. I first met Kimberly when she was a shy little 8 year old and it's been incredible to see her grow and blossom into a beautiful, intelligent young woman.
Kimberly gave a great speech during the ceremony, one of only three student speakers from a class of 283! We were super proud. (I'm probably embarrassing her, but it's all true!)
As Emma's Godmother we are confident that Kim will set a good example for our little girl, and Emma already adores her Aunt.
it was a long ceremony and the two kids were restless so we left soon after Kimberly's speech and went back to their house. Scott's cousins and aunts were there preparing a little party, and Emma got to play with cousin Josiah and her three second cousins. The place was quite the kid-zone!
I got talking to Aunt Maureen and cousin Bevan (hi!) about home schooling. It's something I've thought a lot about, especially wanting the kids to have a Christian education and private schools being expensive. It's funny that we live in one of the best school districts in this area, but I still lack faith in the school system.
I'm going to consider it further, and for sure will get going on pre-school teaching for Emma. Not least, since she loves learning so much and is already ahead of the game I wouldn't want her to get bored at school and get disruptive.
We know a few people who have done home-schooling and for many it was very positive. Being a stay-home mum is a privilege and not everyone gets the choice of how to school their children. It's something we'll need to pray about and look into further, of course.
It's both exciting and nerve-wracking to think that Emma and then Toby will be starting school before we know it.
Kimberly gave a great speech during the ceremony, one of only three student speakers from a class of 283! We were super proud. (I'm probably embarrassing her, but it's all true!)As Emma's Godmother we are confident that Kim will set a good example for our little girl, and Emma already adores her Aunt.
it was a long ceremony and the two kids were restless so we left soon after Kimberly's speech and went back to their house. Scott's cousins and aunts were there preparing a little party, and Emma got to play with cousin Josiah and her three second cousins. The place was quite the kid-zone!
I got talking to Aunt Maureen and cousin Bevan (hi!) about home schooling. It's something I've thought a lot about, especially wanting the kids to have a Christian education and private schools being expensive. It's funny that we live in one of the best school districts in this area, but I still lack faith in the school system.
I'm going to consider it further, and for sure will get going on pre-school teaching for Emma. Not least, since she loves learning so much and is already ahead of the game I wouldn't want her to get bored at school and get disruptive.
We know a few people who have done home-schooling and for many it was very positive. Being a stay-home mum is a privilege and not everyone gets the choice of how to school their children. It's something we'll need to pray about and look into further, of course.
It's both exciting and nerve-wracking to think that Emma and then Toby will be starting school before we know it.
No comments:
Post a Comment