Emma must've stopped really crying after about 1am. That was after I'd gone in, half asleep with a bad headache, because her crying had started Toby stirring. She would only quiet down for short times and I ended up telling her nurse that I'd be putting an ear plug in to get some sleep.
(One ear plug in the ear not on the pillow, drowns out most noise, but I would still hear Toby on full volume on the monitor!)
When I went in at 6am the next morning she was passed out still, and the nurse said she had fussed a few times, but quieted easily. Sounds good. Emma was up shortly after the nurse left - her uncanny timing as usual. She seemed fine and thrilled to find Sleepy-Time Dora there.
We headed to church as usual for Sunday and everyone was in good spirits. Emma went into the nursery without any hesitation, or even a "Bye Mummy."
When I went to collect her from the nursery she barely looked up, and didn't want to leave - as usual!! The volunteers did say she was very tired though. A good sign for nap time!
We fed the kids their lunch at church so they could go straight to bed when we got home, as sometimes they fall asleep on the 5 minute ride home! They didn't.
Scott took Toby up, while I got Emma and Dora ready for nap. Everything went well, she was fine. we prayed and I left the room. About 3 minutes later I heard her calling for me. I went in and as you can imagine she asked for her binky.
I sat on the bed and explained again how the binky had gone bye-bye, all done binky. More tears. "Hold me Mummy." It felt like forever, but probably no more than 5 minutes, I tried to comfort her and eventually left the room with her still crying a bit.
After 20 minutes of periodic cries we heard nothing else. I couldn't resist checking on her and she had fallen asleep in the same position I left her.
So far so good.
(One ear plug in the ear not on the pillow, drowns out most noise, but I would still hear Toby on full volume on the monitor!)
When I went in at 6am the next morning she was passed out still, and the nurse said she had fussed a few times, but quieted easily. Sounds good. Emma was up shortly after the nurse left - her uncanny timing as usual. She seemed fine and thrilled to find Sleepy-Time Dora there.
We headed to church as usual for Sunday and everyone was in good spirits. Emma went into the nursery without any hesitation, or even a "Bye Mummy."
When I went to collect her from the nursery she barely looked up, and didn't want to leave - as usual!! The volunteers did say she was very tired though. A good sign for nap time!
We fed the kids their lunch at church so they could go straight to bed when we got home, as sometimes they fall asleep on the 5 minute ride home! They didn't.
Scott took Toby up, while I got Emma and Dora ready for nap. Everything went well, she was fine. we prayed and I left the room. About 3 minutes later I heard her calling for me. I went in and as you can imagine she asked for her binky.
I sat on the bed and explained again how the binky had gone bye-bye, all done binky. More tears. "Hold me Mummy." It felt like forever, but probably no more than 5 minutes, I tried to comfort her and eventually left the room with her still crying a bit.
After 20 minutes of periodic cries we heard nothing else. I couldn't resist checking on her and she had fallen asleep in the same position I left her.
So far so good.
No comments:
Post a Comment