After one final stomach emptying around 6am this morning I have been doing well! I did get a couple hours of sleep, and Toby helped by sleeping in until 6am.
Not wanting to trigger a repeat I spent the morning sipping lemon-lime Gatorade (like lemon squash with Lucozade properties in the UK!). I put Toby down for his nap at 8am and hopped in the shower - no need to look as bad as I felt!
Shortly after the crew arrived to work on the roof. They started banging around ripping the old shingles off, which scared Emma. She came and watched Dora in my room while I did my hair. Then Toby was up again, having barely slept, and we moved downstairs.
Toby had a well visit at the doctors at 11.30 so we had the workers cease operations so we could leave the house.
All went well at the doctors and the 20lb 9oz Toby got up to date with his shots. I almost had a cow though when the doctor (otherwise totally awesome) put Toby down on the floor to crawl around!!! If you know me at all you know I clorox wipe our shoes after a trip to the hospital, so Toby's hands and knees all over the floor creeped me out big time.
I remained calm until he left, making sure to keep Toby's hands out of his mouth, before washing them thoroughly in the sink!
On the way home we hit traffic and took a detour, which happened to go past McDonalds. I've been craving McFlurry's lately but I thought it would be good to have some plain ice-cream (M&Ms on the side!), to feed my appetite, but no biggy if it came back up!
Emma started calling for some of my ice-cream, and when I was able I gave her a spoonful or two. After I ate the last spoon Emma started saying "my turn." I explained there was none left and to my utter surprise she flipped out screaming "IT'S MY TURN!"
That was the first sign of a toddler tantrum I can remember, and I'm putting it down to being naptime! You see I was driving around as Toby had fallen asleep and I knew there would be no peace for a nap at home.
When we got home I took the kids out of the car. I saw Toby had something in his mouth. Not sure what it could possibly be I pried open the jaws of the beast only to find he had put one of the band aids from the injection site on his leg in his mouth to chew.
Despite all the grossness I did not throw up!! Good sign.
Not wanting to trigger a repeat I spent the morning sipping lemon-lime Gatorade (like lemon squash with Lucozade properties in the UK!). I put Toby down for his nap at 8am and hopped in the shower - no need to look as bad as I felt!
Shortly after the crew arrived to work on the roof. They started banging around ripping the old shingles off, which scared Emma. She came and watched Dora in my room while I did my hair. Then Toby was up again, having barely slept, and we moved downstairs.
Toby had a well visit at the doctors at 11.30 so we had the workers cease operations so we could leave the house.
All went well at the doctors and the 20lb 9oz Toby got up to date with his shots. I almost had a cow though when the doctor (otherwise totally awesome) put Toby down on the floor to crawl around!!! If you know me at all you know I clorox wipe our shoes after a trip to the hospital, so Toby's hands and knees all over the floor creeped me out big time.
I remained calm until he left, making sure to keep Toby's hands out of his mouth, before washing them thoroughly in the sink!
On the way home we hit traffic and took a detour, which happened to go past McDonalds. I've been craving McFlurry's lately but I thought it would be good to have some plain ice-cream (M&Ms on the side!), to feed my appetite, but no biggy if it came back up!
Emma started calling for some of my ice-cream, and when I was able I gave her a spoonful or two. After I ate the last spoon Emma started saying "my turn." I explained there was none left and to my utter surprise she flipped out screaming "IT'S MY TURN!"
That was the first sign of a toddler tantrum I can remember, and I'm putting it down to being naptime! You see I was driving around as Toby had fallen asleep and I knew there would be no peace for a nap at home.
When we got home I took the kids out of the car. I saw Toby had something in his mouth. Not sure what it could possibly be I pried open the jaws of the beast only to find he had put one of the band aids from the injection site on his leg in his mouth to chew.
Despite all the grossness I did not throw up!! Good sign.
1 comment:
This entire post made me laugh out loud. I can only imagine your face. Ha!
And toddler tantrums...it's about time! Bwahaha! :-D
Post a Comment