It's surprising how little energy I have to write this week! The heat has been incredible, however we have still been out and about. I'd say you can assume no news is good news, but after the power outage in June you just never know!!
On Tuesday morning we went bowling with friends, only to find the air-conditioning at the lanes was broken! We stayed for an hour anyway as it wasn't too bad, that meant we got 4 frames in for 4 kids! It got a little too warm and we bailed out!
I'm learning to compromise on our schedule little by little. If Emma is not home and eating lunch by noon she won't eat enough (my judgment on enough!) before nap time at 1pm. She's also been napping for 3 hours, so she won't sleep until close to 10pm, to be up between 6-7am!
Since we were bowling late I picked up chicken nuggets on the way and fed them to her through the game! It allowed us to go when I would have normally said no. I'm also ending naptime at 3pm to try and induce earlier sleep at bedtime. It hasn't worked so far!!
Tuesday we went to the Thompsons pool around 3.30, and even asked Melissa to do therapy there! We got out to come home around 6pm and were all roasting again before we go in the car!!
Yesterday we went at 6pm and came home around 9pm. It was a little late for Emma who played hard in the water and cried the whole way home! But the water was warm and the company was great so we found it hard to leave.
Scott's been working like a machine, even after finishing a day of 8 hours in the blistering heat. We haven't seen him much except for Sunday and last night. I'm glad he's able to take this weekend off and be with us. I hope our kids know how hard there Daddy works for them!! (Don't worry, I'll tell them!!)
Today we hit the supermarket before Emma's speech/feeding therapy. I'd planned to give her ravioli, but she saw the box of leftover pizza I had out for my lunch and asked for that. Skeptically I agreed and both Brooke and I were pleasantly surprised as she ate the small pieces like she'd been eating pizza for years! No pulling the topping off to eat - down in one!
Followed by some watermelon, no less! Emma loves her fruit, which is great as I have never been a big fruit or veggie fan. I even got her a kiwi and avocado to try! The latter being a great high-calorie food.
I'm not sure if we can expect the heat to really ease off until September, so we'd better get used to this way of living and dodging the heat. I'm going to try some of the used sales around here for new toys for the kids, keep them amused in the air-conditioning!!
I will confess that I've been too lazy/busy to download the pictures/videos I've taken, but will do that soon!!
Tomorrow night is Emma's sleep study. We should get some idea of the results early next week, so I'll keep you posted.
On Tuesday morning we went bowling with friends, only to find the air-conditioning at the lanes was broken! We stayed for an hour anyway as it wasn't too bad, that meant we got 4 frames in for 4 kids! It got a little too warm and we bailed out!
I'm learning to compromise on our schedule little by little. If Emma is not home and eating lunch by noon she won't eat enough (my judgment on enough!) before nap time at 1pm. She's also been napping for 3 hours, so she won't sleep until close to 10pm, to be up between 6-7am!
Since we were bowling late I picked up chicken nuggets on the way and fed them to her through the game! It allowed us to go when I would have normally said no. I'm also ending naptime at 3pm to try and induce earlier sleep at bedtime. It hasn't worked so far!!
Tuesday we went to the Thompsons pool around 3.30, and even asked Melissa to do therapy there! We got out to come home around 6pm and were all roasting again before we go in the car!!
Yesterday we went at 6pm and came home around 9pm. It was a little late for Emma who played hard in the water and cried the whole way home! But the water was warm and the company was great so we found it hard to leave.
Scott's been working like a machine, even after finishing a day of 8 hours in the blistering heat. We haven't seen him much except for Sunday and last night. I'm glad he's able to take this weekend off and be with us. I hope our kids know how hard there Daddy works for them!! (Don't worry, I'll tell them!!)
Today we hit the supermarket before Emma's speech/feeding therapy. I'd planned to give her ravioli, but she saw the box of leftover pizza I had out for my lunch and asked for that. Skeptically I agreed and both Brooke and I were pleasantly surprised as she ate the small pieces like she'd been eating pizza for years! No pulling the topping off to eat - down in one!
Followed by some watermelon, no less! Emma loves her fruit, which is great as I have never been a big fruit or veggie fan. I even got her a kiwi and avocado to try! The latter being a great high-calorie food.
I'm not sure if we can expect the heat to really ease off until September, so we'd better get used to this way of living and dodging the heat. I'm going to try some of the used sales around here for new toys for the kids, keep them amused in the air-conditioning!!
I will confess that I've been too lazy/busy to download the pictures/videos I've taken, but will do that soon!!
Tomorrow night is Emma's sleep study. We should get some idea of the results early next week, so I'll keep you posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment