Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Movie star

In July of last year I believe we didn't see higher than 90f. Today it was 80f at 6am!! This week is the 4th heatwave of the summer (3+ days over 90f) and 100f+ is forecast for today.

What do you do with kids in these circumstances? As soon as the sun hits you it feels like you are on a BBQ! Today I had to go and run some errands and made an effort to go earlier and avoid the increasing heat.

From the air-conditioning in the house, to the car, to the stores, the exposure to this nasty heat would be minimal!

When I told Emma we were going out she asked to see her friends! It's been so crazy lately and aside from church we have not been able to get together with her friends. I felt bad and called Christina to see if Emma could hang out with the boys for a while

Christina and another friend with two kids Emma loves were heading to the movies - $1 for kids to see Madagascar. I knew I couldn't take Toby, he's far too restless, but Christina offered to take Emma with her too!

I drove to the movie theater to meet our friends, and dropped Emma off with a bag of her supplies (diapers, drink, crackers and g-tube!) and a cardigan in case it was cold inside! She was thrilled to see her friends and waved me off as usual.

Toby and I ran our errands and headed back to get her 2 hours later, just as they were leaving.

And Christina said she was great the whole time, even sshhing Aaron when he called her name! she did freak out toward the end when Christina had moved seats from behind her and Emma didn't see her when she turned around!

My baby girl went to the movies for the first time without her Mummy - she's getting so big!! Maybe I can go with her one time.

No comments: