Saturday, July 3, 2010

Nature

One of the ways wild animals overcome their prey is through sheer endurance, chasing them until they have no energy left to run or fight. And that's exactly what Toby did this morning!

We have 3 big baskets of toys in the living room. One is Toby's and lives under the TV in a cubby, the others are Emma's and they live across the room under a table. each morning I get Toby's basket out, scatter some of the toys to amuse him. Emma usually plays with them too, resorting to her toys occasionally.

This morning after the kids played together Emma went to get her Backpack (from Dora). "She's so cute, Mummy!" I help her open the hard purple backpack and she takes it to the ottoman to empty.

Smelling fresh forbidden toys Toby also prowls around the ottoman - I'm not kidding, he crawls so slow and steady surveying the scene it's like watching a lion! As he makes a grab for Backpack Emma pulls away "No Tony, is my Backpack."

Emma takes the toy to the recliner, Toby follows. She moves again, to the sofa, he follows.

And it is here that Emma abandons all hope of playing alone, and leaves Backpack for Toby to come in and devour! I see things getting interesting as they get older!!

No comments: