The issue of weather is compounded when you have children. During the winter we all go a little stir crazy, stuck inside when it's yucky outside. When you go on vacation the problem is compounded! You don't have all the kids toys, books, etc to keep them amused.
I think we were all pleasantly surprised that my parents house stood up to the kids - Emma, Toby and Scott!! Scott being the worst, because he does not like to sit around idle, and he will do anything to amuse kids!!
For the first few nights the kids were napping at 5/6pm local time and after going to bed around 10pm local time they would be up by 2am!! Since sleep deprivation is for me a serious problem, Scott took the kids downstairs to burn off their energy until he could get them back to bed!
I also found it quite challenging to adapt their usual diet to the UK. Largely similar, for some reason I was clueless about what to feed the kids, and resorted to McDonalds a little more than I should! In the end they both did really well, often eating what we ate. The balance was made up by consuming large quantities of cheese and bananas!!
Back to the weather! It was dark and cold when we got there and barely changed the whole time!! The problem snow was long gone, leaving bare trees, gray skies and damp air. I did not realize how much I had become accustomed to the weather in the US, and the slight differences.
Despite that, on our penultimate day, we were able to go out with my parents and sisters family, except Caitlin who is now in school every day :-(.
We headed to a park that has a big indoor playground,





I think we were all pleasantly surprised that my parents house stood up to the kids - Emma, Toby and Scott!! Scott being the worst, because he does not like to sit around idle, and he will do anything to amuse kids!!
For the first few nights the kids were napping at 5/6pm local time and after going to bed around 10pm local time they would be up by 2am!! Since sleep deprivation is for me a serious problem, Scott took the kids downstairs to burn off their energy until he could get them back to bed!
I also found it quite challenging to adapt their usual diet to the UK. Largely similar, for some reason I was clueless about what to feed the kids, and resorted to McDonalds a little more than I should! In the end they both did really well, often eating what we ate. The balance was made up by consuming large quantities of cheese and bananas!!
Back to the weather! It was dark and cold when we got there and barely changed the whole time!! The problem snow was long gone, leaving bare trees, gray skies and damp air. I did not realize how much I had become accustomed to the weather in the US, and the slight differences.
Despite that, on our penultimate day, we were able to go out with my parents and sisters family, except Caitlin who is now in school every day :-(.
We headed to a park that has a big indoor playground,
This slide would never be allowed in the US without supervision!! The sheer drop is quite the precipice!
No comments:
Post a Comment