Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day long

I really thought today was going to be uneventful, as many are, but I was wrong. I should have been alerted when Toby had a loose BM last night, but he has some crazy bowels!!

We had an easy morning, playing and slowly getting ready to go out...

And headed to visit Ashley and Rafael at 11am. While there Toby started to stink a bit. When I picked him up the full extent was discovered. To cut a long story short, we bagged up his clothes, right down to his socks, and gave him a bath right there!! Of course Toby was quite happy as Ashley gave him baby spa treatments!!

Once home I decided he should skip lunch and go straight for a nap, at the end of which he threw up all over his bed.

Poor boy. I gave him a small portion of mac n cheese which came back up a short time later, conveniently while he was washing his hands in the bathroom. It couldn't have been timed better, because I don't usually wash his hands at the sink!!

He was a little cuddly and subdued, but he and Emma were still having a good time...
While all this was going on I was on the phone with the school board and Intermediate Unit (the place that arranges her therapy) to try and sort out the ongoing discussion on Emma's application.

In the end I got so frustrated with the school and IU going back and forth and called the school. They are hung up on the reports from the hospital. I explained that all the reports on Emma focus on what she can't do - none of them detail what she can do, which is 95% normal! In the end I just [nicely] said that if they just aren't comfortable with the issues they can say no!

I also had a call from the hospital who had a cancellation for the feeding assessment tomorrow, following our friends intervention. However, tomorrow I am scheduled to attend a seminar with our church pastors.

I could have changed my plans, but this is something that is important to me, and part of my role at the church. Quite possibly out of complete selfishness, I decided that the feeding assessment can wait. Maybe my sanity will hang around too!

No comments: