Thursday, March 31, 2011

Last night I learned not to let a toddler with a tummy bug chug 8oz of
water. The amount seems to double when it comes back up!!

Toby was up a few times in the night, after clearing out his stomach
he just wanted a drink. In the end he went to sleep and this morning
was able to handle small amount of water and a piece of dry toast.

Emma had one bout of diarrhea last night, but has otherwise been fine.
In fact her dietician has told me to half the amount of formula she
is getting by tube! At this rate she'll be all water in no time!

Anyway, so I was in two minds about whether to go to my thing today.
Christina was cool to watch the kids sick or not, and I have full
confidence in her, so it just came down to me.

In the end I opted to proceed as planned, with a chance to cancel
until the last minute! I wrestled with my guilt and self-preservation
even as I walked out the door at Christina's. The latter won!

She has texted me that the kids are all playing happily and she will
clean up any bodily fluids that might erupt!!

That makes me feel better. You might wonder what the big deal is, but
I rarely leave both my kids for any length of time (4 hours today),
and not sick. After 3+ years I've never left the kids overnight with
anyone but Scott, except when I was in labor with Toby!

It's about time, and so great that Emma is now in a place where I
often worry more about Toby!!

No comments: