Tuesday, March 1, 2011

So long sucker!!

At our last appointment, after the last sleep study, Emma's
pulmonologist told us we could stop using the CPAP and pulse ox.

We kept them over the winter, just in case, but it's been 6 months
since we ceased nursing care and using the equipment.

Emma has been doing awesome, even with colds and sickness. So last
week I arranged for the suction machine and pulse-ox to go back home.

I am also going to schedule pick-up for her feeding pump, which has
been stashed in a closet for 6 months.

The CPAP will stay with us because that was "rent to own!". But I
don't see us using it again, maybe we could sell it!!

Even though we never use them, having the machines has been a security
blanket. It feels like a good time to move on, an emotional spring
clean!!

Really the g-tube is the only thing remaining and I'm hopeful it won't
be too long!!

No comments: