Friday, May 20, 2011

Happy Anniversary

Today if the 5th anniversary of the happiest day of my life! No kidding - somehow, it has been 5 years since Scott and I got married. Our wedding was perfect and it is so great to look back on it with such joy. (So much so that I have pictures around the house to remind me!!)

When I think back to that first year of marriage, before we bought the house or got pregnant, (I guess just six months into it then!), I had so many expectations.

One that makes me smile is I was sure that after 5 years we'd be ready for a second honeymoon (true), and that we'd easily go back to Cancun! I probably also assumed we would take vacations regularly and have plenty of cash.

The reality is a little different. Instead, we will likely go for dinner and a movie (dying to see "Bridesmaids") while the kids hang with Nanna and Pops. I feel a little bad about that because they've been at Christina's all day, but more on that later!

Our weekend will focus on finishing the preparation for painting the house on Monday - all but the bedrooms! Thankfully, Scott has some guys coming to take care of that while we are out of the house!!

Not quite the fancy celebration, but actually more meaningful, lasting and just as fun - I love home improvement!!

Yesterday, when I got home one of the first things Emma said to me was "We got you a present. We bought you some clothes, they're in the attic - you have to go look for them!" With the cat somewhat out the bag, Scott handed over my gift! (And no, we weren't supposed to buy gifts - and I didn't!)

It wasn't clothes, but instead Scott had had a wedding picture framed for me. At 10x20" it was not something you could easily frame off the shelf, so it's been in a cupboard for 5 years since the photographer gave it to us. Such a sweetheart!

The last 5 years have flown by, much quicker and more intense than I could have predicted. We've been through so much, some of it hard, but mostly exciting, hopeful, joyful and most importantly, all of it, together.



No comments: