A few weeks ago Emma found her foot and by that I mean when we ask her to do something she doesn't want to, she puts her foot down!
During the day we use the easy call of threatening to turn of the TV without cooperation! I'm not sure why I haven't used Time Out more, maybe because I don't have the patience.
But in the evening, to go to bed we have seen the most major tantrums. We started simply telling her that when she played up, she would forfeit the story and songs she gets in bed before lights out.
It's had varying success, but tonight, after I declared it was bath time and told both kids to follow me upstairs I was amazed when they BOTH did! When I was helping her into her pajamas she looked up at me and said "Was I a good listener when you said it was bathtime?"
"Yes, you were. And do you know what that means?"
"Two stories!!"
Now we just have to figure out how to get through to "I laugh at your punishments" Toby!!
During the day we use the easy call of threatening to turn of the TV without cooperation! I'm not sure why I haven't used Time Out more, maybe because I don't have the patience.
But in the evening, to go to bed we have seen the most major tantrums. We started simply telling her that when she played up, she would forfeit the story and songs she gets in bed before lights out.
It's had varying success, but tonight, after I declared it was bath time and told both kids to follow me upstairs I was amazed when they BOTH did! When I was helping her into her pajamas she looked up at me and said "Was I a good listener when you said it was bathtime?"
"Yes, you were. And do you know what that means?"
"Two stories!!"
Now we just have to figure out how to get through to "I laugh at your punishments" Toby!!
No comments:
Post a Comment