Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Quote of the Day

We were at the supermarket, Emma was standing in the cart (maybe it's not allowed, but who has time to wait for a three year old to catch up?!).

Emma points her finger straight out and [loudly] says "Is that my dad?" as she points straight at a nearby African man.

There was not much to do but look the guy in the eye and laugh, which he did right back.

Unfortunately our response served to only encourage Emma, who pointed at a few more men before I could tell her to stop.

When I told him, Scott asked me why she said it. I could only respond that it's not the first time, and often looks at me and says "are you my mom?"

On a different note, you can probably tell how busy I've been by the length of time since my last post! (Sorry to you daily readers - I should have more time from now on and more than two hours a day with the kids, the source of my inspiration!)

Outside of the office, I have been working incessantly on getting the house "perfect" for my parents visit. Several [very] late nights later and I'm almost ready! Their plane lands in a few hours and I still have to clean the floors.

Once I'm done I'll take the "after" pictures of all the work we did and do the final reveal in the next couple of days!

No comments: