The day started out slow. My intention was to get up early, have the kids up relatively early (so Toby would be napping before we left for school at noon) and spend good time with the kids.
Intention is worthless without action!! This was us at 9am...

Emma woke up shortly after, full of beans...
while Toby slept through us talking until 9.20am. 12pm nap out the window!!
I was definitely more anxious than she was, worrying about making a good impression with the other moms (whom I was too shy to approach!), and ended up rushing around because we got up so late!
Nanna arrived at noon to stay with Toby, and Emma and I got ready to leave...

It was pouring rain, but as we waited in the car, Emma was nonplussed!
As soon as the door opened she was through it, before any of the other kids hit the pathway...

Emma took a seat at the table, where (cleverly) playdoh awaited. She asked me if I was staying and I said "for a bit, but then I was leaving." She asked where I was going and I said "I'll wait in the car." After about 30 seconds she told me I could "go now"!
I don't think she even watched me leave...

I spent the next two hours on a sofa in the church lobby, reading. It was the best chance I have had to read lately, it was great!
About a half hour before school was due to end, I took a peak through the door. She was playing by herself, as most kids were, and then went over to the table to do the craft.

Then I went to wait outside with the other parents, and Scott joined me. Emma was the first one out the door and said she had a good time. When I asked what she did, she responded with "circle time, I ran, jumped and then I came home."
She does want to go back - that's a win!
Intention is worthless without action!! This was us at 9am...
Emma woke up shortly after, full of beans...
I was definitely more anxious than she was, worrying about making a good impression with the other moms (whom I was too shy to approach!), and ended up rushing around because we got up so late!
Nanna arrived at noon to stay with Toby, and Emma and I got ready to leave...
It was pouring rain, but as we waited in the car, Emma was nonplussed!
Emma took a seat at the table, where (cleverly) playdoh awaited. She asked me if I was staying and I said "for a bit, but then I was leaving." She asked where I was going and I said "I'll wait in the car." After about 30 seconds she told me I could "go now"!
I don't think she even watched me leave...
I spent the next two hours on a sofa in the church lobby, reading. It was the best chance I have had to read lately, it was great!
About a half hour before school was due to end, I took a peak through the door. She was playing by herself, as most kids were, and then went over to the table to do the craft.
Then I went to wait outside with the other parents, and Scott joined me. Emma was the first one out the door and said she had a good time. When I asked what she did, she responded with "circle time, I ran, jumped and then I came home."
She does want to go back - that's a win!
No comments:
Post a Comment